• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Update from "ttabs Nytro mod shop"

Scooter700 said:
Hillclimber said:
mtdream said:
just ordered some billet bling stuff...will try and get pics this weekend, if I can pry myself off the seat!!!
MT, you may have a problem...put down the credit card and step away from the computer.

LOL!!! He might have to get the credit card ceramic coated to with stand all the Heat it been creating!!! :tg:

Now that's funny...

Scooter700 said:
Hillclimber said:
mtdream said:
just ordered some billet bling stuff...will try and get pics this weekend, if I can pry myself off the seat!!!
MT, you may have a problem...put down the credit card and step away from the computer.

LOL!!! He might have to get the credit card ceramic coated to with stand all the Heat it been creating!!! :tg:

My credit card is already platinum....is that better than ceramic?

Here is the :bling

the whole point was to figure out if the upper bogey wheels were interfereing with the track, causign a vibration...the vibration started when we both loosened our track becuse of preature Hyfax wear...and now vibration...but then again, I had the Mtn Tamer in there too but Ttabs didnt so, common denominator is track loosening...

and we all have heard of driver issues with these sleds...So will more than likely have a call in to our friends to get some Avid drivers...

but they look WAY cool too :)

NytroBlingWheelsLarge.jpg

That Anodizing looks a bit dull, or is just the pic?
I will have Ano'd wheels for next year, Wheels from Tricked Toys, and My Ano work!!
Gotta love it!
Smitty

MTDream said:
the whole point was to figure out if the upper bogey wheels were interfereing with the track, causign a vibration...the vibration started when we both loosened our track becuse of preature Hyfax wear...and now vibration...but then again, I had the Mtn Tamer in there too but Ttabs didnt so, common denominator is track loosening...

and we all have heard of driver issues with these sleds...So will more than likely have a call in to our friends to get some Avid drivers...

but they look WAY cool too :)

You may want to take a close look at your rail tips. After I loosened my track to alieviate hyfax wear, I have not noticed any vibration, but there are some strange marks on the plastic tips that lead me to believe the tips are slightly catching the windows from time to time.

I'm installing an anti-stab kit - that'll fix'r!

smitys800 said:
That Anodizing looks a bit dull, or is just the pic?
I will have Ano'd wheels for next year, Wheels from Tricked Toys, and My Ano work!!
Gotta love it!
Smitty

It is on the floor in my office, with a camera phone...

When I click on your link it goes to Babbits Sport Center, with no indication that it has anything to do with Yamaha. Is this right?

skidooboy said:
also interested in the air pressure specs you used for your floats on that rear set up, ride height shims used, and transfer shims used.

what is your body weight?

most important question... did the skid come with the light weight drop brackets? ski

Sorry, thought I had posted this...wrote it while sitting in the airport in Salt Lake last week....

Well, it was quite the install, but it was WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY worth it!!!

Trail handling: A friend of mine has this suspension, so he was a big help getting it dialed in...But a great suggestion came from TGZ Tsunami...Since these are Fox FLoats on the suspension, if you place a zip tie around the cylinder, and then go ride it, you will see how much travel you have had on the shock...(will post a pic) This will also tell you if you are bottoming out the shock, as air shocks tend to make you think you bottomed out if theyare too stiff...but in reality, you just dont have the shock set up well...

The other key for Trail riding is getting the front shock fully adjusted (not too stiff, as it controls the initial bump hit) once I adjusted this properly, I could barely feel bumps on the trail, those little 1 foot plus moguls are now completely unnoticable...

Mountain/powder performance- This is where this where the true genius of this suspension is seen/felt...First, observation, when gassing it from a start in powder, your skid does not sink then shoot forward, i.e. gas it, trench down a little then go forward (with old style skid) with the Mountain Tamer skid, you gas it, and it pushes you forward immediately...

when doing a climb, because your skid is higher, you are out of the snow more, so, you do not have an increase in friction and scrubbing speed/momentum from snow on running boards...I noticeably trenched less...

When doing a climb, and you jump then get on it again, you you do not have that lag of letting the track tighten to absorb the shock, then spinnging to get going...it is just instant throttle and shoot forward...we did a mock test, and this skid clearly outperformed stock skids in doo and yamaha, as they do that tightening thing...

lastly when doing hard carves and hitting trenches, or when doing powder donuts, or climbing, when you hit an old trench or something, it does not bounce you, or throw you, it absorbs it and lets you roll over it...so it gives you MUCH more of a confident feeling to attack things...is really hard to describe this one, but like when you see a beautiful area to carve a donut and lay it on its side...and you all the sudden hit a landmine, and normally it would cause you to either take a HUGE shott ot he body, or throw you off....when it hits the skid, it just sucks it up and you know you hit something but it just rolls over it...

So, there is a full report, it is INCREDIBLE, and is now for me a mandatory purchase on sleds...

Here are some pics of it...

IMG_3199Large.jpg

IMG_3199Large.jpg

IMG_3202Large.jpg

ever since i put the MCX turbo on i haven't lost any oil in roll overs and tips. i think the catch can setup they replace the stock breath hose with is the reason why. So i would imagine using a catch can or in line filter would go a great deal to stop oil loss

devil said:
ever since i put the MCX turbo on i haven't lost any oil in roll overs and tips. i think the catch can setup they replace the stock breath hose with is the reason why. So i would imagine using a catch can or in line filter would go a great deal to stop oil loss

can you get us a pic of this?

hmm, i should clarify my previous remark now that i've thought some more, i do recall once loosing some oil from a roll over since then, but it was very steply rolled over on the one side. but heres a quick pic:

S5300289.jpg

on this setup one line goes to the crankcase, one to the vent line at the top of the resevoir, and one small line on the can goes somewhere else i'm not sure of (i'll be taking the whole thing apart this summer so i know it inside and out). But it wouldn't be hard to get a small SS mesh filled catch can and put it in the vent line between the resevoir and the air box to prevent oil from pouring into the airbox

Back