• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Update from "ttabs Nytro mod shop"

mtdream said:
Well, it was quite the install, but it was WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY worth it!!!

Thats awesome to hear. Thanks for the details. :Rockon:

SilentSno said:
mtdream said:
Well, it was quite the install, but it was WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY worth it!!!

Thats awesome to hear. Thanks for the details. :Rockon:

More than likely will be down in Bozeman this weekend to hit the new snow...over a foot since yesterday!!!!!

your welcome to come down and ride it is you wish...just be prepared to ahve to IMMEDIATELY order it, I rode my buddies on an M7 and had to get off 30 seonds later as I knew I would HAVE to have it...and made myself wait till I got the new sled....

you will NOT be disappointed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mtdream, how about a few pics of the install? I'm curious about where the rear suspension mounts to the tunnel. What made it so interesting to install?

also interested in the air pressure specs you used for your floats on that rear set up, ride height shims used, and transfer shims used.

what is your body weight?

most important question... did the skid come with the light weight drop brackets? ski

Maybe somebody here will know... Can I put a Timbersled rear suspension on a 121 Nytro RTX? From what I understand, the suspension on the RTX is a newer design than the MTX, but some people are telling me it will work anyway because the arms are the same on both versions of the Nytro skid. A parts fiche I looked at backs this up - appears that only the rails and a few other misc. items are different part numbers.

Hillclimber said:
mtdream, how about a few pics of the install? I'm curious about where the rear suspension mounts to the tunnel. What made it so interesting to install?

What made install interesting...4 type A personalities...one garage...working on one sled...nuff said :)

seriously, it was not a bad install, we did it in less than 3 hours...

The drop brackets (stock ones) have more rivets in them, than you could imagine, and the weight that this pulls off is amazing!!!

The weight from stock suspension is shocking to say the least...the whole skid (w/timbersled) weighs less than the rear suspension springs and shocks (stock) alone...

shock settings, will have to check again...I think the rear is set at around 135, and the front is 80...I weigh 250 buck nekkid...and not the least aggressive rider...but still dialing it in...most people make the mistake of doing too much air pressure...

will post a few pics , but will let TTabs do teh full pics for install, as he really does have a talent for making this stuff easy...and informative in the postings...

Doogs said:
Maybe somebody here will know... Can I put a Timbersled rear suspension on a 121 Nytro RTX? From what I understand, the suspension on the RTX is a newer design than the MTX, but some people are telling me it will work anyway because the arms are the same on both versions of the Nytro skid. A parts fiche I looked at backs this up - appears that only the rails and a few other misc. items are different part numbers.
I'd think it would swap but to be sure give Timbersled a call directly. They have been super helpful for me.
Just happen to have the number in my phone. 208-691-5454

pics

IMG_3194Large.jpg

IMG_3196Large-1.jpg

Sled is dirty, but that is the fun of unloading at home and no snow...

Hillclimber said:
Doogs said:
I'd think it would swap but to be sure give Timbersled a call directly. They have been super helpful for me.
Just happen to have the number in my phone. 208-691-5454

I contacted them already. They didn't know because they don't usually deal with sleds under 144" But just looking at it, I don't see why it wouldn't work.

just ordered some billet bling stuff...will try and get pics this weekend, if I can pry myself off the seat!!!

ttabs,

we have to get this vibration thing figured out...just ordered some :bling

hoping it will solve the problem, but I think you are right, it is more than likely the drivers...and wil have to swap out to Avids...

BTW, are you going to swap out to do the Timbersled Barkbuster front end or do you want me to post that mod? and the modified method of ditching the sway bar?

mtdream said:
just ordered some billet bling stuff...will try and get pics this weekend, if I can pry myself off the seat!!!
MT, you may have a problem...put down the credit card and step away from the computer.

Hillclimber said:
mtdream said:
MT, you may have a problem...put down the credit card and step away from the computer.

LOL!!! He might have to get the credit card ceramic coated to with stand all the Heat it been creating!!! :tg:

Back