• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! Western New York Ride.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Raining pretty hard in Liverpool and has been for a couple hours. Had total Snow cover on the grass at work at 11:30 and 1/2 the lawn is now showing grass and it's only 1:00PM. :o|

Was 36f at noon

Sure hope it's not doing the same on the hill!!!!!

What rain the hill gets should make the trails freeze into a great base tonight. With the lake effect falling on top should make for some good trails. We'll get all the damn limbs out of the way Wednesday so riding should be non stop Thursday and on ;)!

What RX-1 said. I agree. Will have to keep the speed down tomorrow especially over hills and around corners. Looks like the bulk of the rain should be over with for a while on the hill in about 30 minutes. I only got about 2/10th of an inch of rain so far. That is probably about what Tug Hill got also. My snowpack went from 7 3/4" this morning down to 7 1/4" after the rain. So I only lost 1/2" of snow. I had a net gain of 1 1/2" from last nights snow. Will be some more scattered showers this later this afternoon and before the cold front swings through late evening probably around 11 PM or so.

RX-1MAN said:
What rain the hill gets should make the trails freeze into a great base tonight. With the lake effect falling on top should make for some good trails. We'll get all the damn limbs out of the way Wednesday so riding should be non stop Thursday and on ;)!

I'm ready. The new slimmer me should be able to keep up with you guys for a change!

Looking forward to catching up with old friends and new ones!

BIG BLACK WARRIOR said:
A little last minute advice. Have a decent amount of gas in your sleds when you show up at the Freeman, as there are no gas stations close by.

Good call Gordon. If coming from east, you can fill em up at the Hilltop market on Rt 26 in West Leyden. If coming from west, you can fill up at the Osceola outpost. Those are probably the closest places. Both these places are at either end of Osceola Road (CR-46) which is what you take to get to the Freeman hotel on Gallo Road.

I have attached a map, just to give a basic idea of where each of these places are.
A=Hilltop Market (west Leyden, NY)
B=Osceola Outpost (Osceola, NY)
C=Freeman Hotel (Swancott Mills)

Attachments

• Hilltop market-Osceola Outpost-Freeman Hotel.jpg
    Hilltop market-Osceola Outpost-Freeman Hotel.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 149
I just got out of having to report for jury duty tomorrow and because I have ZERO miles so far this season I think I'm going to load up and head for the Freeman in the morning. What time is everyone heading out? I better call the Freeman to see if they can squeeze me in. See ya there :-o

Well guys I can't believe there is a ride in my bak yard and I'll be driving home from Texas. Have a blast.

grizztracks said:
I just got out of having to report for jury duty tomorrow and because I have ZERO miles so far this season I think I'm going to load up and head for the Freeman in the morning. What time is everyone heading out? I better call the Freeman to see if they can squeeze me in. See ya there :-o

See first post for all the pertinent info and we'll see ya then.

Lake effect snow watch for Lewis county has been downgraded to a Winter weather advisory. Most of the Lake effect snow should be south and west of Lewis county by the time we start our ride at 10 AM. Northern part of Lewis county will see very little new snow.

Ok so unfortunatly i wasnt able to make it, hoping to come on sat... But how was the first day and congrats with the lake effect

Back