• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! Western New York Ride.

Hey! A friend and I are coming up for the day on Friday. I assume 930 start time? And location is the house / hotel you guys are staying at for departure? Thanks and looking forward to riding with you all!

Got called into work today, but will definitely be there on Friday. Hope someone can post a trail report. Seeing reports from crappy to great. Know BBW will find the best conditions wherever they are.

WNY PAT, Check previous posts for directions yo the Freeman Hotel, which is our starting point. We leave at 9:30.
Trail conditions from yesterday. Some trails were great, others were bumpy, and the ones further up North by Montague and Barnes corners were real icy as they had no new snow since the rain a couple days ago.

Trails were good today for the most part, except over by Redfield. Had about 6" of new snow between 4 PM, and 8:30 PM and still snowing. 150 miles yesterday, 130+ miles today.

Great seeing everyone again and meeting some new TY riders. BBW thanks for putting a ride together last minute and NYAttackGT for finding us a place to stay. Looking forward for the next ride.

Four days of riding and most of it was pretty darn good. Nice to meet Fran, Steve, Kevin and John Jr.

Right ski carbide caught rail crossing tracks in Forestport Saturday just as four of us arrived at Buffalo Head for lunch. Broke the bulkhead among other things :o| Glad Warren was hanging around at the Freeman to come pick me up. Shopping for used parts now, hope we don't get any good snow storms too soon.

Great to see some new faces at our ride this year, and always nice to see the regulars. Too bad we had so many issues with broken sleds and trucks. Honk, did you get your truck fixed yet? I only put on 505 miles on the 3 1/2 days of riding. Could have put on more if Steve would have been on time, and came with a sled that was all set to run. LOL. At least Dave waited for the last day to rip his front suspension apart. John, I hope you and your son got back to the Freeman OK. I will try to post a couple pictures, I sometime I have trouble uploading them. Well, I got the pictures uploaded, but I have no clue why why are so small.
Also, just found out the accident that we were routed around killed a man from Canastota, also another man was killed on Mile Strip, trail, just South of Barnes Corners, on Saturday morning.

Attachments

• th_BILD0042.jpg
    th_BILD0042.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 587
  • th_BILD0041.jpg
    th_BILD0041.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 579
Well guys My wife and I got in at 2am last night and I put my sled back together and were headed out. TRR groomed last night about 1:30am soo trail up the hill might be ok.

Was great seeing some of the old faces and meeting new ones!

I'm still sore tough and I only rode 1 day. You guys are amazing that can go all week.

I had a nice time riding with the TY members. I was glad to meet some new guys and reconnect with those that I rode with in the past. It was good getting in my first ride of the year. Sorry to hear about Dave's subframe mishap.

Thursday evenings snow covered any ice that was on the trails. It was my first ride with my newly installed HID lights. It is a true joy riding at night with these lights.

I'll suggest in the future that we avoid that one ungroomed trail for Honk's sake. Thanks to all who participate and plan for these rides.

I had a great time with you all. Conditions weren't that great but we made the best of it and most importantly everyone made it home safely. I enjoyed relaxing at the Freeman after our rides and getting to know a few of our NY TY members. It was much better than staying at a hotel where everyone disappears to their rooms. I hope to see you all again out on the trails. Until then, ride safe.

Steve, thanks again for the loctite and oil. I owe you.

Hey guys! The ride Friday was a lot of fun! Was really nice to meet you all and Steve sends his best too. Sorry to hear about the Apex RX-1! That sucks! Hope we can get together and ride again in 2012 around Chatauqua or wherever. If guys who are interested in riding up that way want to shoot me a PM with your e mails I'll out together an e mail group and send out info if I know we are planning something. Many thanks to all the guys who help plan the ride, I'd do another in a second! And really great to put some faces and handshakes to my neighbors here on the site. Hope to see you all again soon! And Steve, did you ever figure out what was wrong with your truck? I'm wondering.....

Had a suscessful NY TY RIDE Thanks to all who showed up! Its good to see the ones you know, and very interesting meeting the new. We all have such different lives, but the 4-stroke Yammy binds us. I still would not buy another brand,10,000 miles and not 1 break down. I can't say that for my truck though. I left Sat morning, and made it 3-miles down the road. The Trucks engine STOPS, did not know that you loose all streering. I hit the right side snow bank , and it pushed me back onto the road, NO Damage Yea Ha! Triple-A made it up and towed me to auburn where the wife picked me up. My buddy had a flat bed and we picked it up Sunday afternoon. Its now at the shop, and am waiting for the damage. My guess is new engine time.
See ya all again soon! Thanks for a great time. Gordon thanks for leading the TY-Crew!

As mentioned by all...was great seeing and riding with new faces and old. All in all about 500 miles for the ride (give or take) on some marginal, some decent, and some great riding...to be expected for the winter we have been having in NY thus far.

Honk, sorry to hear about your truck. I will put my $ on a defective oil pump....and that being the case, yea, probably need a new engine. Unless the ECM shut everything down before it was too late.

RX1-Man, good luck with that repair. That was a DOOZY!! After going back and looking, appears you caught an exposed rail coming across the tracks. Try Airwolf or Laneo for used parts on TY. I am sure you'll get her back up and running.

Grizztracks, no problem on the oil and thread-lock. I tend to overpack and bring way too much stuff and tools with me.....but then again, have been known to save the day a few times here and there!! Was great meeting and chatting with you. Thanks for the assist with poking around my sled and getting her up n running another day.

And to the rest, till we meet and ride again! Glad we all made it back in one piece. Looks like a few accidents and fatalities up on Tug Hill.

Back