• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! Western New York Ride.

I rode back up to the freeman today to reteive my sled and trailer, and it was still there! The trails looked dissmal in the rain, and with very little ice and snow covering them. With the forecast looking very warm i'd say our year is looking like a very poor year for snow and snomobiling.

Hello Gents! Sorry for the delay in posting but have been slammed at work with 3 days of paperwork and very long days. I really enjoyed this ride and always a pleasure meeting new faces and seeing the TY family grow. There's something special about riding in a group of 12, all on Yamaha's. I love riding by a group of "off brand" riders as they see our domination and power with the superior brand! LOL! Was saddened to learn of the fatalities on the hill as it's a stark reminder of the potential danger. However, RX-1 Man coined it best stating "Life in itself is dangerous". Personally, and I'm certain shared by all here, the rewards and enjoyment from snowmobiling are second to none. Until next time, take care.

:yam:

Attachments

• photo16.jpg
    photo16.jpg
    677 KB · Views: 134
  • photo15.jpg
    photo15.jpg
    439.3 KB · Views: 194
  • photo14.jpg
    photo14.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 132
  • photo13.jpg
    photo13.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 122
  • photo12.jpg
    photo12.jpg
    603.8 KB · Views: 172
  • photo11.jpg
    photo11.jpg
    671.7 KB · Views: 143
  • photo10.jpg
    photo10.jpg
    580.9 KB · Views: 143
  • photo9.jpg
    photo9.jpg
    635.7 KB · Views: 133
  • photo8.jpg
    photo8.jpg
    548 KB · Views: 133
  • photo7.jpg
    photo7.jpg
    521.9 KB · Views: 176
  • photo6.jpg
    photo6.jpg
    514.9 KB · Views: 135
  • photo5.jpg
    photo5.jpg
    623 KB · Views: 134
  • photo4.jpg
    photo4.jpg
    557.2 KB · Views: 132
  • photo3.jpg
    photo3.jpg
    544.1 KB · Views: 135
  • photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    511.5 KB · Views: 140
  • photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    394.3 KB · Views: 125
Tear down completed, used parts arrived today. Guess I know what I'll be doing this weekend!

Honk, how did you make out with the truck?

Attachments

• bulkhead replace 001.JPG
    bulkhead replace 001.JPG
    711 KB · Views: 134
  • bulkhead replace 002.JPG
    bulkhead replace 002.JPG
    731.3 KB · Views: 143
My truck had a seized motor, and will be done Saturday if the parts show up. Pretty costly ride huh?

Too bad about the motor Honk. Was it due to bad oil pump and lack of lubrication?

RX1-Man, holy schnikeys!! Good luck w/ the repair. Who needs a sled lift when you god 4 bricks, and a few 1x4's!! All in all, doesn't look like too bad of a job. Thought the bulkhead was gonna cover more real estate and more would have to come off. I'm sure you'll have it fixed in no time and be back ready to ride before you know it...and probably before there is any snow back on the trails...hahaha.

I guess it was good to ride when we could. I'm beginning to think our season is over, and it never really started!

My Truck has new engine and is running smooth!

Honk: glad to hear it! Sux tho! Did you ever figure out what happened? Just curious. Also, maybe I'll see you out on the Lake this summer. I've got a 23 foot bay boat - yellow, center console with a black t top. Only has a 150 on there - but it is a Yamaha! Your rig must really fly! I get about 48 MPH out of mine - you must touch 75 with that 300. Faster? Can't blame you for passing up on the big Yammie outboard tho, especially with all the issues guys had with the 300HPDI. Still dreaming of a snowstorm here!

Hey Pat, Yea hope to see ya out there. Do You go to Kinzua very offten? Thats the only place we go, other than a week in the mountains.
The Cougar people claim 110 is possiable, but I've only gotten 104mph. Lotsa fun smokin big blocks with my little fishin motor! Tunnel hulls pack air and pick the boat up and off the water, thats where the speed comes from. The other biggy is its so stable being a tunnel hull, the wife has driven it to 80 without any concerns at all, and that was her first time driving it! She did drive our old Baja and that felt way different at 65mph

Is it because we have no snow the topic has changed to boats? I feel like a fish out of water.........just sayin'!!!

:ot:

Yea I know what ya mean about the boating! I've been doing make work! Repolishing the billet aluminum on my boat. Take a piece off, polish recoat with adhesion promoter and then the clear. My days of snomobiling are numbered anyway, so may as well switch my fav sports around. I'm Really liking the warmth and speed and the water is always there to ride on. Don't have to worry about the riding surface not being there! Good day! Honk

Back