• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Using my Phazer MTX 2013

Where I got the bend from? I bought a ordinary 90° exhaust bend from a local store and cut it off in that angle.

I drilled the rivets from this plates today.

20130919_221451.jpg

Soon they will be painted black to fit the Betterboards better.

Also I sent a mail to Schmidt Bros for ordering the stage 2 clutch kit for the MTX. Hope it will arrive soon, because the weather forecast promise snow for next week =)

weldion said:
Where I got the bend from? I bought a ordinary 90° exhaust bend from a local store and cut it off in that angle.

Hmmm, ok. I was thinking the Phazer pipe OD was smaller than most automotive exhaust pipe. I will have to check my local autopart stores.

Thanks. G.B.

The plates that I removed yesterday are now sand blastered and ready for powder coating.
Went down to the workshop this evening and bolted the front bumper in place with titanium bolts =)

m8.jpg

I'm lucky to say that my sled is about 12 gram lighter now =)

Today I got my plates back from powder coating. So I celebrated that by buying a rivet gun from Ingersoll-Rand.

20130924_161730.jpg

Not really a difficult task to handle to rivet those plates in place.

20130924_161741.jpg

I think it looks better now when the whole footstands are black. Got the confirmation mail from Schmidt Bros today about the clutch kit =)

20130924_161808.jpg

Looks great! I like the running boards all black. Will have to do mine some time.

G.B.

Gone Blue said:
weldion said:

Hmmm, ok. I was thinking the Phazer pipe OD was smaller than most automotive exhaust pipe. I will have to check my local autopart stores.

Thanks. G.B.

48mm

Started to prepare for the clutch kit today. Went to the local Yamaha store and ordered the circlip for the secondary clutch. Hopefully they will be fast this time. I had some trouble with ordering from them and I really want to change store, but that is not that easy where I live. Not so many to chose from =)

20130925_170329.jpg

20130925_170338.jpg

20130925_170419.jpg

20130925_170425.jpg

20130925_170430.jpg

I do not want to take the secondary apart before I have the new circlip and the clutch kit at home. The snow is coming closer, so I want my sled ready for start =)
And I should also take my pictures in better light condition!

Some painting is done now.
20130929_162743.jpg

I like my sled black.

I am still waiting for stuff from the local Yamaha store to come home. When I had my sled in for the subframe change they managed to loose some stuff on my sled. This was in May and I'm still waiting for the stuff to arrive. When I get them then it's the last time I visit that store for sure. So now I have to travel some distance to the next Yamaha store.
I mailed a couple of other stores if they could help me get the stuff and send an invoice of the cost to the local Yamaha store that lost my stuff.

Do anyone know if you have to have a fully clipped track for the Dupont slides? I heard that from a guy here in Sweden and I just want to know if anyone runs the Dupont together with the stock track.

Surprised you did not put the roller secondary on it? Drill out splines on Mountain Max secondary get longer bolt and put it on. I lengthened the splines on the shaft to get my secondary on without altering it.

Yamaha Center in Östersund do really stink so I do understand if you don't use them any more, I'm doing my best to avoid using them.

Yamaha Center in Östersund do really stink so I do understand if you don't use them any more, I'm doing my best to avoid using them.

20131005_162427.jpg

Hm, what can I do with two M10x90mm bolts and 0,5m 30mm diam alumium axle? You'll see next week =)

Back