• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Valentines day kiss - tree

Sevey

TY 4 Stroke God
Website
www.ty4stroke.com
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2018 Sidewinder RTX
Just kissed a tree with the chain case side spindle, going real real slow, like 5 kph.

I now notice the shock is not lined up between the a arms like the other side. It's crowding the upper a arm by 1/4".

Please tell me I didn't tweak the subframe.....

Any chance it shifted the shock on the upper bracket that holds it? Can it be bent back.

Can't post a pic right now, but what have others experienced?

Thanks
Ms

Bend it back with a pry bar, pray that straightens the subframe. Mine was tweaked but was able to straighten. My buddy wasn't so lucky. Get the Grizz gussets once you get it straight. Good luck, I know the feeling your having. It will feel better once you pry bar it back to centre.

Get ahold of Fran aka grizz and gusset it up. Think positive, now your frame is going to be strong. Yeah you bent it.

Consider yourself lucky if you are insured

Any reason to abondon the Nytro is welcome. Find something that handles the curves and the bumps well - The Nytro does neither of these well - RUN

I am all for joining a club but I was hoping to avoid being part of the bent subframe crowd.

I have read about guys catching a rail crossing a rail line, and others bumping things and bending the subframe - but I would never imagine that thing was that brittle. You wouldn't believe how gentle I bumped it.........

What happens out west when those guys are always banging the sled around trees. They must have the subframe bent to pieces.

Question - So where do you pry from to bend it back? I suppose everything has to come off, plastic shrouds, spindles.????

Ms

Re: Consider yourself lucky if you are insured

Nervous Nytro said:
Any reason to abondon the Nytro is welcome. Find something that handles the curves and the bumps well - The Nytro does neither of these well - RUN

Or you just can't ride it like the rest of the "girls" on here. Lol

Got this from griztracks this is how you bend it back,get ahold of him he is subframe guru, and get his gusset kit worth every penny

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    202.7 KB · Views: 64
I bent mine last year going slow and it shocked me how easy it bent. I was upset at the time but now have grizz gussets welded in and don't have a worry about the subframe now. Well worth the money!

I'm probably in the minority here, but mine has been bent for two seasons. Know what I've noticed?....Not a thing. Mine may not be as extreme as others, as in in shock actually rubbing the A arm, but I think a lot of people freaked out about this when it more than likely can be fixed with a little elbow grease and a pry bar. I would say just give it the rest of the season and fix it over the weekend in a summer.

sub frame

I just got back from a week long sled trip that only lasted one day for me.
Hit a 14" ice chunk on lake doing about 80 mph. Only one ski hit ice. Spindle snapped in half and when sled came down with no ski it tossed me and proceeded to roll.
Damaged list- two spindles, handlebars, steering post, headlight and plastic bracket, windshield and hood and kill switch button.
All that and shocks are still centered in a arms/no bent a arms no bent sub frame.
Find it weird that others are bending subframes at slow speeds.

I think it has more to do with the angle of the hit and not the speed.
My buddy has a 2008 nytro MTX and it has been in the rhubarb patch more then once. Never babied, just rode hard. To this day when ever I see the sled I go and check his sub frame and still just like the day he bought it . Straight. Of anyone in our group I would have thought his would have been the first to bend.

Last weekend another friend of mine on a 2010 xtx tried some new logging technics ( tight corner with 3" thick willow trees) with his nytro and turned the spindle into a banana but the sub frame is still straight .

Back