• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Vector GT studding questions

1Gunner

Veteran
A buddy of mine just purchased an 06 Vector GT. Sweet looking sled!!!
He'd asked me what I would recommend for studding, and I suggested 144 down the center using Woodies double backers alternated with singles. His dealer refused to install them..... claiming "the track would balloon with all that weight down the center", causing damage....
so they only installed 96 with single backers, claiming that's all he needs.

Basic rule of thumb... 1 stud per 1 HP, so 144 should be just fine.

Will 144 down the center cause problems?
Is 96 really enough?
Will studding the outside cause premature track failure (it has for me in the past)?

Thanks for any and all feedback!!

Here is 144 down the center of my 05 vector. I dont think 96 enought for the vector. maybe 120 Just my 2 cents

Attachments

• DCP01892.JPG
    DCP01892.JPG
    372.5 KB · Views: 76
144 down the center will work great on the Vector. I also have the double/ single pattern and it has been great for 1000 miles of hard riding.

I think 1 stud per hp applies more to the two strokes because the fours have quite a bit more low end torque. I think they should have at least 144 so they'll hold up. If you ride aggressively you are asking for stud and track problems by understuding. Just my opinion.

I'll never stud the outside of the track again.

I have 144 1325's down the middle and over 8000 km's on my 05 Vector with no issues.

FWIW - I have 144 singles and are using the classic 144 pattern that includes the outside of the track. Only have 700 miles, but so far so good. In hindsight, should have went with 120 down the middle.

I have 120 down the center in Woody's "Aggressive" pattern. I have 1671 miles of aggressive (go figure) riding and haven't had a single problem yet.

120-center-single_univ.jpg

twomorestrokes said:
I suppose you might experience a problem at higher speeds...maybe 250 mph :wink: ...

That's speedo speed, right?...... :wink:

I guess he'll have to put on whatever dopey the dealer will support, even if it isn't what's safely optimum!
If he ever had any warrantee track or skid related issue...and he had put what folks in here have used "tried and true".... dopey the dealer would just blame $hite on the stud pattern....

Back