• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Very loud engine resonance

madthumper

Extreme
Just finished a 1000 mile trip with my wife in which I rode the Phazer. Really, the only thing that made this type of trip rough on the Phazer was the overall lack of smoothness from the engine. That thing is loud and resonates really bad from about 40-60mph.

Overall, I had no problem riding this sled 200 miles a day for 5 days though I wouldn't want to do it often. I wouldn't suggest this sled for wives or youngsters unless you want them trail riding at a snail's pace. It takes a lot of effort and attention to ride this thing at any sort of decent pace on the trail. Not only couldn't I lose my wife on the trail, I had a hard time keeping her ski out of my snowflap and I think she was riding one handed. lol.

open trails and fields ya your gonna be slower most of the trails i ride are tight woods trails and im all ways faster than anyone else ive ever riden with

haha you could'nt leave your wife,

ya i guess it's a handful if your not use to riding aggressively,

my girls love my phazer, but they were wondering why i bought such a slow sled,because it is cheap fun,

fraolib said:
open trails and fields ya your gonna be slower most of the trails i ride are tight woods trails and im all ways faster than anyone else ive ever riden with

Then you would be in a different time zone if you were riding any other modern era sled. lol.

madthumper said:
fraolib said:

Then you would be in a different time zone if you were riding any other modern era sled. lol.

seriously u dont believe me?

fraolib said:
madthumper said:
fraolib said:

seriously u dont believe me?

What I'm saying is if you're out riding your buddies on a Phazer, you would be out riding them 10X more and working 1/10th as hard if you were riding any other sled made in the last 10 years.

huh thats funny becasue two of the guys i was riding w race motocross and they were on a 600rr and an mxzx600 im riding in the woods where u mite get to 50mph occasionally but not often

Vector1 said:
I completely agree about the noise, its way to loud and takes the joy out of riding.

Yeah for sure, that was one of my early disappointments and with the VL and ice build-up in cold weather the noise gets much worse. Funny thing is though, people have commented how quiet the VL is and said to me that they have not heard me coming along the trail - but I would never say it is quiet when riding it. Ear plugs help.

I think it is a case of resonance frequency causing the trouble moreso than how loud it is. This was the first thing both my son and I noticed when riding the Phazer the first time.

I think the noise is the intake.Its true to others a stock Phazer is very quiet.Probably could add some type of dividers or something to quiet the noise if its intake and it bothers you.I believe its noticed because rest of sled is so quiet.

Also consider this disturbing, and the noice is way louder when the engine is hot! A cold VT is real quiet. Can anyone explain why intake noice should be louder when the machine is hot!

Back