• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

vibrations on 06 apex

jkenosh

Expert
on my first ride on my 06 apex it seemed to vibrate thru the handlebars real bad at certain speeds and had a whomp whomp whomp sound at certain speeds it was pretty loud and was actually giving me a headache. i was kinda pissed so i just drove it home and parked it and took the old sled out. what do yo guys think it could be? it only has 50 miles on it and i didnt see anything wrong but didnt look real hard.

The noise you are hearing tha tis giving you a headache is most likely the harmonizing of the engine /exhaust noise. probably hear it around 45-60 MPH. Mine does the same thing as I am sure all the others do to but dont pay attention or keep above that rpm that it happens at. I dont however get a headache form it.

i hear mine at around 40 so maybe thats it. i actually parked it and rode my old 95 mach z instead the apex felt kinda tipsy too i think i just need to get used to riding a snowmobile that has suspension and aint real loud, the apex seems to have a low droning sound. maybe ill make a quieter exhaust, id give up power for quietness

Yeh, when I seem to go a steady 40 mph or so, the engine "hum" is kind of annoying. So, I vary the throttle and try to ride faster than that. But, you are correct, that 30 - 45 mph range is very annoying.

just wear ear plugs and then you can hear after riding , not the best way but its better then screwing up your ears. mine does it around 5500 rpm

cheer JP :ORC

It's called a track howl which many sleds had last year and Yamaha has ignored. If you search site you'll find lots of posts from last year.

jkenosh said:
i hear mine at around 40 so maybe thats it. i actually parked it and rode my old 95 mach z instead the apex felt kinda tipsy too i think i just need to get used to riding a snowmobile that has suspension and aint real loud, the apex seems to have a low droning sound. maybe ill make a quieter exhaust, id give up power for quietness
It's the exhaust, not track howl, it's that low pitch drone coming from the exhaust at low RPM's. Not much to do about that except ride it faster. The faster you go the quieter it gets....... Tighten up the limiter strap two holes and Set the transfer rod to min and then try it. It will be a world of difference.

Oh my god do you guys all drive like girls??? Geezze just gaszz it hard and go,sounds like you all have i am afraid to pin the throttle symdrom,lol WTF is wrong with you guys,just go hold it WFO for 2 miles down a road or trail and it will scare the sheeettt out of you,and you will forget all about the little sounds or vibrations you may have had!!!! Just ride the poop out of it...

I real easy way to get rid of a lot of handlebar vibrations--- drill a small hole in the bar in center of where the bars are clamped on, then give it about ten pumps from a silicone gun. Did that to my Attak, makes a huge difference.

Back