• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

VIP Membership and TY

This got me to get a lifetime membership. 150 is way less than things would have cost with out. I have guys in my snowmobile club asking me questions about there yamahas that I can aqually help them with just because of this site.

I'm not sure I see the value in a VIP membership? At least two of the threads I've posted in have disappeared completely. Those threads had lots of posts and were each a few pages long. Deleating things on this site to appearently hide educated comments that were critical of certain things does not provide a new, perspective owner an accurate picture of what they may be buying into. No sled is perfect but the other sites show the good and the bad. The editing I've seen so far is alarming. Forums are already dying out as more and more people migrate to Facebook and other social media sites. What value does this site offer if the true picture of things is whitewashed?

I'm not sure I see the value in a VIP membership? At least two of the threads I've posted in have disappeared completely. Those threads had lots of posts and were each a few pages long. Deleating things on this site to appearently hide educated comments that were critical of certain things does not provide a new, perspective owner an accurate picture of what they may be buying into. No sled is perfect but the other sites show the good and the bad. The editing I've seen so far is alarming. Forums are already dying out as more and more people migrate to Facebook and other social media sites. What value does this site offer if the true picture of things is whitewashed?

Threads are deleted, dog piled and locked on any forum I've been on. There may have been some very insightful info contained in them but overall did not contribute in a positive manner to the site.
If you don't see the value then don't worry about it. You still will be able to read and post on the website. Keep in mind that it does take time and money for you to freely do this.

This is so far from the truth!! You have only been a member since Feb of this year, how much value could you possibly see from the site? As Steiner has posted, thread get moved but very seldom get deleted unless there is no value to the thread in the first place. If I was hiding the truth then I should just remove the SideWinder section, right? You don't want to be a VIP, then dont and move on but there are piles of people that find value here and obviously you don't and that perfectly fine.

I guess some people come on this site for different reasons. Personally, I don't want to hear how crappy my particular sled is, I just want to hear how to make it the best sled ever. The first install I ever did, was a digital temperature guage and that $150.00 that I saved, went straight to a membership. It only seemed fair. At $100.00 an hour shop fees, I'm sure I've saved thousands since. No complaints here, just appreciation.

I currently own 3 Yamaha sleds, all of which I do my own work on. This site has enabled me to do that saving me tons of money in shop fees, as well as being able to make fixes and adjustments out on the trail because now I know the machines so much better. I'm also able to help friends and other people out there. Combine that with the things like clutching advice, great people on here to pick their brains and get ideas from, as well as the TY rides and so forth that Mr Sled puts together? This site offers so much value its actually pretty crazy. Oh yeah, and you get $100 worth of swag when you get a VIP life membership as well. One of the easiest decisions there is to make was contributing to the site. I own some other branded toys as well and wish there was the equivalent type of forum in those others but there is not. If you think Facebook is a good replacement for how well organized this site is, that is just not true.

This is the best and most well-run forum on the web in my opinion.

The $15 a year for the VIP is well worth the money. I'm on a couple other forums and I don't pay for them because I don't think their worth, but this one is. I'd like to do a lifetime membership sometime, but if I stay a VIP long enough I will actually contribute more than the $150 to the site. LOL

this site is well worth the money, 15 dollars a year in the grand scheme of things is very cheap, with how much information you get from it. I used to be "vip" on a couple other sites but they are not worth it to me anymore... with that said next year Ill be on something new, and if it doesnt come from yamaha I will still keep my vip membership up to date.

If it weren't for this site I may have to work at my 9-5 that alone is worth the fee. I have gained so much knowledge from this site and everyone who visits can see that. The biggest value to me has been the fact that so many people frequent this site there is almost always someone on here that can help. I have been in a pinch on a trip and used my phone to post up for some help/advise and got responses fast enough even trail side to get something fixed and get us back down the trail instead of going back for the truck. I have found parts in a pinch that have saved a trip. bought parts for my sled from the classifieds for a great deal. found vendors that provide the best service, and have sold things on here in days that may have taken months with out a like minded group to sell to. I love this site and Thank Tom for all his efforts to keep this site going. I free loaded for years at first I didn't see why I should pay for what I was already getting for free then I realized there is a man (and his fiancé) behind the curtains that is devoting their time and money to keep this going and thought the least I could do is show them I appreciate it very much. Thank Tom for the great site I hope you keep it up forever!!

I've spent hundreds of dollars on my Nytro and Apex as preventative measures based on advice on this site. Worth every penny. I know if I find myself in a bind in Asscrack Minnesota or Wisconsin a post on here will summon the calvary. A VIP and lifetime membership is a small price to pay to supplement my meager experience as a snowmobiler and Yamaha owner.

This is so far from the truth!! You have only been a member since Feb of this year, how much value could you possibly see from the site? As Steiner has posted, thread get moved but very seldom get deleted unless there is no value to the thread in the first place. If I was hiding the truth then I should just remove the SideWinder section, right? You don't want to be a VIP, then dont and move on but there are piles of people that find value here and obviously you don't and that perfectly fine.
Very well said Mr. Sled. This site is one of the few that I love. The people onbTy4stroke are awesome people to talk to. Keep up the great work Sir. Thank You for a awesome site. TY4STROKE is the reason when I buy a sled it will be a Yamaha.

Sent from my N9519 using Tapatalk

Joined the 4 stroke side in March, saw the value right away and decided on the Lifetime membership (got the VIP today). Just getting back into snowmobiling after a 9 year absence. Ordered up a couple of new sleds, the knowledge I will gain from this site on the learning curve of new sleds will more than pay for the membership. Thanks TY!

Joined the 4 stroke side in March, saw the value right away and decided on the Lifetime membership (got the VIP today). Just getting back into snowmobiling after a 9 year absence. Ordered up a couple of new sleds, the knowledge I will gain from this site on the learning curve of new sleds will more than pay for the membership. Thanks TY!

Right on and Thank you!!

Back