• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Viper Fit 'n Finish issue

monte1214

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Website
www.portperrysnowmobileclub.com
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2017 Sidewinder LTX-SE
Small abeit, but my LTX-DX has the thumbscrew on the left side panel but not on my right side panel?
Dealer says that that they don't come on the right hand side, and couldn't tell me why.

There's a hole there which makes it look like it was missed.

Anyone else have this?

Correct, as Cannondale stated, only on Clutch side.

Yea I got the same thing on my wife's DX. Checked the sleds on the showroom floor and they Re the same. Dealer said they did it to save weight...... I've been trying to find a part number for it to order another for the right side but the diagrams don't show the thumb wheel. Is it new for the 15's?

I don't think it even needs it...some cat models don't have it and there are no problems

Thanks guys! I'm not too worried about, but IMO this is definetly not something Yamaha would do. It's gotta be a Cat thing. Ha!
Evolution Powersports has thumb screw kits to replace the hood screws. They don't even bother with the ones under the front of the sled. I guess it can't go anywhere.

It is a NASCAR design.... if you only turn left there is never air on the right side of the sled. I removed the left one on mine... oops I mean it fell out and dissapeared last season. I also deleted the front bottom screws WAPITA (what a pain in the a$$). When I get mine back I am going to look into making the hood modular so the gauge pod can stay in place with the hood off.

Reactions: 1tp
Ha! yeah, I think that 80% of the turns up here in Ontario are left, so I should be good!

I also hear that guys are removing the Torx from the rear to make taking the seat off that much easier? Do we really need to get back there that often?

It is a NASCAR design.... if you only turn left there is never air on the right side of the sled. I removed the left one on mine... oops I mean it fell out and dissapeared last season. I also deleted the front bottom screws WAPITA (what a pain in the a$$). When I get mine back I am going to look into making the hood modular so the gauge pod can stay in place with the hood off.

I removed the bottom screws from the front end. Rode all season last year without any issues.

Ya hear ya but I have the different bumper on and you have to place them through the wholes on the bumper before you thread them in, than it becomes a pain in the #*$&@ lol.

Back