• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Viper Hard Starts

I do wonder if the octane has something to do with it. Around here all I run is 87 and from 0-200 miles I had the warm start issues a few times...then didn't have any issues from roughly 200-550 miles on 87. So...I thought I might be in the clear. Not so...I took a trip to Canada and was running 91+ octane and while putting on miles 550-850 the warm start issues were terrible up there the whole trip.

Always ran 87 octane, never used kill switch and having cold and hot start issue more frequently with more miles. It doesn't happen a lot , but needs to be addressed. The cold start issue happens on sub zero mornings.

Seeing hard starts

I just purchased a 14 rtx se had about 120 miles on when I experienced the first hard start after stopping for lunch. It seems that waiting 20 to 30 seconds after turning on the electronics solved the problem.

After seeing other issues like chain case and exploded mufflers I have to wonder is this just a sign of issues to come?

Back