• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Viper or keep Nytro?

I have nytro with oft/4" riser and flat bars and wrp seat. Seats wide at calves bit feels better than the viper to me. Viper is about 1" short on foam and riser I think. I am also 6'5". Viper felt better than stock nytro by a lot! Now I am more comfortable on my nytro.vthe viper feels more like your sitting on it than in it also. Not sure how else to explain it.

Summery of viper must haves imo.
-Riser 1"+- (for us taller chaps 2" with 1" taller seat would be stellar)
-All shocks redone (sounds like dx is closest stock)
-ski swap (will not turn confidently without it)
-clutching is a issue from factory on some.

Nytro (hard to leave once these are done)
-seat
-risers
-oft
-shocks
-a-arms or spindles
-128" relocate (shorty) or star xtx fix
-skis
-venting
-a-arm bushings
-exhaust doughnuts burn out quick
-some have bulkhead issues

I agree with the guys, nytro had it gotten the race front end would have been great. Since it didn't the viper has much better starting point and less mods needed. Shocks need to be redone, floats need to leave imo. I actually have a slightly shortened viper shock (custom axis) to use with my jre spindles. Once I upgrade these are going with me, that made the purchase a lot easier to swallow. Also for viper riser to preference and wish there was a wrp seat upgrade or something similar. And a curve or c&a ski upgrade is nessacary to make it turn. And honestly other than clutching or performance upgrades/fixes that's probably it.

Thats good to hear! Im basically nytroless now that my dad is buying mine so time to start looking! I have my nytroi set up prefect with 8 lbs of boost, oilite bushing, taller riser and the bdx steering post (only thing i hate is the sled it produces, poor design) and stiffer torsion springs the thing is an animal and honestly turns on a dime for an xtx.

and the next one i wouldnt be turboing just an exhaust, power comander, and intake. I hope thats sufficient enough to fuel the fire!!!

I agree with the wait and see approach.

At this point in the season especially with lack of snow I would look to get some demo time in and wait until the 2016's come out. Might score on a leftover or even a little to no use used model from someone hating themselves for buying in a no snow year.

I'm soo glad to have jumped from Nytro to Viper. Loved the Nytro motor but hated the handeling and suspension. I liked standing on the Nytro as I rode and I feel very good doing the same on the Viper. You may add a small riser is you are taller. The trail performance of the Viper is night and day versus the Nytro. Keep in mind, my comparisons are both stock sleds. I rode 50 miles of mogules in the Kenwenaw this weekend and was able to just pound through it skipping off the tops and the suspesion was impressive on my 2015 RTX.

My Viper runs much flatter in the trails than my Nytro did. Rear suspension is way better and with my front floats at 68psi I'm pretty dialed in at this point.

Best thing to do is demo a Viper and make an informed decision but IMO I'm way ahead on the Viper for overall improvments.

One thing that is amazing with the Viper Chassis is that it feels light and nimble. At the helm of a Nytro, you feel the weight of the 1049 in the nose. But the Viper masks this weight really well.
Considering the two sleds really quite similar in weight - give or take 25 lbs,
MS

my Nytro was stock as far as performance goes, but I had the suspension dialed in pretty well and the Viper is a much better handling and riding snowmobile

My buddy just found a brand new 13 nytro xtx on the show room floor and bought it over the viper for the ski lift that he can get out of the nytro xtx that you just cant get with the viper. I like them both but find myself a little more drawn to the viper.

I really don't think these sleds are even in the same category are they? I bought my nytro to seek out beat up trails and ditches. My brother bought the viper the same day and no doubt it handles better but we both agree that if looking for the worst of the wrost, nytro all the way. Can't go wrong with either though. Yamaha!

I have had both. The Viper is lighter and far more balanced machine. The Nytro could have been better with some major reengineering. IMO go to the Viper.. The 2016 units should be out very soon. Pray for some snow!!

It's this simple,the nytro a good trail and rough trail sled. The viper,a good trail sled and a great rough trail sled . I'm talking nytro rtx n viper rtx le,you can get different shock packages to fit your riding style

Keep the nytro.
I have a nytro xtx that i kept and supercharged.
And i have a new viper xtx se. If the viper went away tommorow i wouldnt buy another.
Mad the nytro isnt here with me, rather ride it on todays bumpy trails then this junk viper.
I normally have no issues dialing in a sled.
This viper...wont steer, backed off center shock preload, better, not enough. Did that twice, now it steers,sometimes, and the bars are hard to turn and they squeeeek.
High speed cornering is right, but this sled does some weird transfer thing at low speeds, like all weight on track, and in low speed loose corners it blows through massive berms. My srx turned better with dead carbides!
Sled has 560 miles on it, i did over 100 today on whooped out trails. My neck is sore, and i stood more then i wanted to to avoid bottoming.
Still humping the tank on this turd to make it steer.
Playing with rear suspension still, got it moving, now i have to figure out what shock is bottoming.
Sell it to u.

Keep the nytro.
I have a nytro xtx that i kept and supercharged.
And i have a new viper xtx se. If the viper went away tommorow i wouldnt buy another.
Mad the nytro isnt here with me, rather ride it on todays bumpy trails then this junk viper.
I normally have no issues dialing in a sled.
This viper...wont steer, backed off center shock preload, better, not enough. Did that twice, now it steers,sometimes, and the bars are hard to turn and they squeeeek.
High speed cornering is right, but this sled does some weird transfer thing at low speeds, like all weight on track, and in low speed loose corners it blows through massive berms. My srx turned better with dead carbides!
Sled has 560 miles on it, i did over 100 today on whooped out trails. My neck is sore, and i stood more then i wanted to to avoid bottoming.
Still humping the tank on this turd to make it steer.
Playing with rear suspension still, got it moving, now i have to figure out what shock is bottoming.
Sell it to u.

The front skid shock spring on the XTX and MTX is super weak, if you don't change it the balance is not what it could be. Made night and day difference in both mine fixing that.

I got a chance to run up a 30 mile stretch on my Nytro XTX and then return on my ViperXTX yesterday. Trails were half good half crap. Honestly speaking, the Viper hands down. I forgot how heavy and clunky the nytro was (how soon we forget). My buddy asked if he could finish the weekend on my viper - Ummmm, no.

Back