• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Viper Primary sheave angle?

RGMLAM

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2015 Yamaha Viper XTX LE
2014 Cat XF 7000 LE SP
2005 Doo Rev 440/700
Hi, I have a 2015 viper xtx le My primary is stamped with 8jp, has anyone measured the angle to see if they have a different angle from the nytro or appex? Is the 8jp the same angle as the 8dn and just a different length? I was just wondering why Yamaha would samp 8jp on it if it was the same.

Last edited:

Both of my 2014 XTX also have the ink stamp 8JP on them. No clutch issues with either of ours after clutching change, if that answers your question about angle change.

Definitly new casting for secondary also. Could not read half the numbers for indexing spring on 09 Nytro secondary. Much clearer now. Sorry havent ever actually measured angle.

I was wondering about the machined angle of the sheave itself, I'm all stock for now except for 8dn belt and osp quick adjust, I do plan on COTC. Just currious why the 8jp stamping and what the other models that have the 8dn stock have stamped on the primary

I was wondering about the machined angle of the sheave itself, I'm all stock for now except for 8dn belt and osp quick adjust, I do plan on COTC. Just currious why the 8jp stamping and what the other models that have the 8dn stock have stamped on the primary

8JP is what all the parts prefix for a Viper come as not just the belt.

If you are looking at the moveable sheave it is 8FP not 8JP and other than Phazer they are all the same.

Back