• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Viper Recalls

YamBam

Pro
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Sidewinder LTX-LE 2018
Might as well start now. Anyone want to guess how many recalls there will be on the Viper. Sorry - trick question. Unlike all the AC recalls and updates, all changes will be accessory updates that you get to pay for.

May as well wait for the AC model with Nytro motor.
I've never had great luck with Yamaha updates, recalls or warranty.
In other words... When something went wrong with my Nytro chassis.
I had to pay for or fix the issue myself.

Notice a cotter key on a cable to hold the side panel on. What a nice touch. The new standard of quality for Yamaha.

Viper recalls thread? Really? Less than 12 hours after the release? This is what you're worried about or want to talk about? You know what's dumb about two sled mfg getting together and putting their strengths together to form what I think will be a kick #*$&@ ride? Nothing. You know what's dumb about a thread about recalls for a sled, that less than 100th of a percent of the snowmobile public has even touched, much less rode? Everything.

Yamaha had the technology to do it right without AC but they bailed and sold out.

2BLUE4U said:
Viper recalls thread? Really? Less than 12 hours after the release? This is what you're worried about or want to talk about? You know what's dumb about two sled mfg getting together and putting their strengths together to form what I think will be a kick #*$&@ ride? Nothing. You know what's dumb about a thread about recalls for a sled, that less than 100th of a percent of the snowmobile public has even touched, much less rode? Everything.

Well said

2BLUE4U said:

Huh?
If AC makes the exact same sled... I'll likely but that.
Because Yamaha Canada totally dropped the ball on recalls and warranty or fast tracking updates. While AC steps up when stuff goes wrong.
This is partial to a recall thread and should be considered.

I kind of like this thread YamBam created. I highly recommend that anyone who's seriously considering a Viper next year should start to read up on all the issues that disgruntled owners of AC's ProCross sleds have over on ArcticChat and HardcoreSledder. It truly is scary. With all the problems these sleds have had in their short history, it would make anyone leary of buying this Yamacat. Even after 2 years, AC still hasn't cured the belt blowing and chaincase issues these sleds have, let alone know what the real cause is.

the good news is since the yamacat isn't new, cat should have all the re-calls worked out

2BLUE4U said:

well said...all the holier than now Yamaha fans screaming about cats poor quality have soon forgotten, blown out idler wheels? Oh wait Yamaha didn't make the wheels, burnt sliders after 200 miles...oh wait Yamaha didn't make the sliders, shocks that need re-valve...wait again made by someone else not Yamaha's fault...don't want ski lift...order a 13mm sway bar from yet another aftermarket supplier not Yamaha. All sled have problems...Cat just solved some of theirs (if they buy the clutches as well as motors) and Yam solved a big one of theirs and saved a bunch on R and D on a new chassis that works. I'm buying!

YamBam said:
Notice a cotter key on a cable to hold the side panel on. What a nice touch. The new standard of quality for Yamaha.

Have you ever seen the hood on a Funny Car or just about any other drag car? They have a cotter pin holding them down! We trust our hitches in our trucks to a cotter pin! Whats wrong with a cotter pin holding on a 7lb plastic panel?

This is insane what is really going on here! And this thread is ridiculous! I really thought more of this site but its turning into HCS and DooDoo talk with all the belly aching!

YamBam said:

Have you ever seen the hood on a Funny Car or just about any other drag car? They have a cotter pin holding them down! We trust our hitches in our trucks to a cotter pin! Whats wrong with a cotter pin holding on a 7lb plastic panel?

This is insane what is really going on here! And this thread is ridiculous! I really thought more of this site but its turning into HCS and DooDoo talk with all the belly aching!

I've never had a problem with Yamaha warranty and they have even paid for stuff like exhaust gaskets that is clearly explained regular maintenance in the owners manual. THeirs a difference between warranty (manufactures defect), recalls (safety related) and bulletins (volunteer upgrades).
Had a 03 Doo 30 days OOW and BRP would not cover ring flaking, BRP if your 1 day OOW too bad so sad.

Back