• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Viper Trouble Free

No problems here. Just over 2K miles. Love it. One of the best sleds I have owned. Getting some suspension work done over the summer. Looking to swap out the Fox Airs for a set of the new Fox 3 clickers coil overs for the front. :sled1:My Yellow riding friends are close to engine rebuild time at 2K miles.

On the last ride of the season, with just under 2K miles, I thought I had my first real problem with my Viper; I couldn't see any fluid in the chaincase sightglass, and I thought the fluid was low. When the mechanic drained the chaincase he realized that it was actually "overfull", and that the fluid had obscured the entire window. The good news is that now I have fresh fluid in the chaincase, and a sightglass that works! After about 2K miles, my Viper still hits 94+ on the GPS on hardpack with everything stock, and no adjustments or new belts. I don't think that I have ever been so depressed about the end of winter!!!!!

I have a 2015 ltx-dx, put on only 1300 miles but loved every minute, very warm comfortable sled, a trail riders dream, miss the power of my 2011 apex xtx sometimes but I still love the viper. I didn't have any problems so far.

I have 11-1200 miles problem free on a STX DX and no issues loved every minute. Smooth warm, quick and HANDLES.

2014 RTX SE, MBRP trail can(Sounds Awesome) Even had the Local Police comment on how it sounded Good! 4100km on this year and Loved every mile! Ulmer Clutch kit install as well, Most I could do was 96mph but I Love the torque! Stomped two 1200 Skippys off the line but lost in top end! My 19yr old son even Loved it so I have sold it to him and ordered a 2016! Hope its as Good!

You only get the answers you ask for. Most people come here looking for answers to problems or have questions they can't find answers to elsewhere.

So when new people come here they mistakenly think there are many problems with the viper which is not the case. Some people have had a problem, and a few people have had a few problems and one or two people have had a serious problem. But by far these are the best sleds we have ever had and the first I've had since the 1978 model year that has been problem free.

This is SO TRUE!!!

Back