• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

VK Pro Values?

J Earl

Country
USA
Snowmobile
08 Viking Pro
New to the forum. I'm here because I'd like to get some input on VK Pro values. I posted some sleds on Facebook I picked up and I have several guys wanting to buy them. I have yet to see a price online or a VK Pro listed so I'm stumped on what to ask if I sell them. Mine are 2008's with around 10K. They aren't pretty since they've been sitting since 2017. I planned to get them running (I was told they all ran in 2017) and redo the seat covers. Blue Book Values are right around $3000. Is that a realistic price of do they sell higher or lower. I had one guy tell me they were worth $1000 running and he offered me $400 as is. I think he was full of *#it but what do I know?

Yeah, he's full of it by offering you $400. I wouldn't list them if I were you til you get them running. 10k miles on a 4 stroke is way different than 10k on a 2 stroke.

Yeah, he's full of it by offering you $400. I wouldn't list them if I were you til you get them running. 10k miles on a 4 stroke is way different than 10k on a 2 stroke.
Thanks for the response, I know where I live, everything is selling way over Book Value. This guy was looking for a Polaris Widetrack and I contacted him. He said his friend wanted a VK. I think he was just trying to get it cheap and sell it to his buddy for full price.

on kijiji.ca i saw an 07 pro with 10000km on it for $4000.00. depends on the area that the sled is being sold in. i have seen vk540 II/III got for $5000-6000 around here in good shape. people love these things around here.

on kijiji.ca i saw an 07 pro with 10000km on it for $4000.00. depends on the area that the sled is being sold in. i have seen vk540 II/III got for $5000-6000 around here in good shape. people love these things around here.
Thanks, That's the first one that's for sale that I've heard of. I had a feeling they should sell at a premium since they're pretty scarce and seems to be a specialized following. Plus, you just can't find them.

I know here in Minnesota they would be worth substantially more, people want utility sleds for ice fishing and that drives the prices up.

Yea, I was looking through Kijiji and found a couple listed for over 7K Canadian. If I get around to selling them, I'll advertise on Craigslist in Minnesota probably. I live in Utah and Mountain sleds sell for the most here. Trail sleds, not so much. I did swing a deal to get the seats recovered. Now I just need to clean out the fuel systems and pick up some batteries. :)

$5000 in Northern MN. If running. Maybe more this year.

$5000 in Northern MN. If running. Maybe more this year.
Good to know! I haven't done much with them except jump them and turn them over. They all sounded good. I think if i clean up the fuel system they'll run. I've been working on a Polaris Widetrack IQ Four Stroke I got in the deal. Hopefully I'll get out riding that one today. Then I can start on the Yamaha's. I guess I should be advertising them in Minnesota!

I paid $6000 for a 2007 with 6000km this fall. I have seen the same year with a lot more km sell for $10G recently.....gone the same day it was listed. Thats a rediculous price, but i think I paid a fair price for mine. It is in excellent condition.

Back