• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Wanted to say hi

race24x

TY 4 Stroke Master
Website
www.r-scomputer.com
Hi guys,
I just bought a used 03 RX-1 611 miles black in color. I was checking around and this seems like an informative and friendly place to find out about my sled. I bleong to several other chat boards online as I am a Network administrator for the federal government. I am online quite a bit. I tried the sled at Snodeo in Rangely Maine in 03 and loved the 4 stroke power. My friends and I have sportbikes I personally have a 00 Suzuki Hayabusa. I am from Augusta Maine and go north to ride quite a bit. I have been snowmobiling for quite a few years but have never bought anything this new. I have some questions about the handling but I posted them in the suspenion catagory. Just thought I would drop a note and say hi to all and leave you with some of my intrests in case some of you have the same. They include snowmobiling, motorcycling, scuba diving, race cars, NASCAR, computers and 4 wheeling.
My Toys
00 Polaris Sportsman
00 Suzuki Hayabusa GSXR 1300
03 Yamaha RX-1
98 Ski Doo MXZ 500
88 Kawasaki KDX 200
1980 Cheverolet Camaro Z28
1989 Cheverolet Z71 6" Skyjacker lift 36" Super Swampers

2 Kids 9 and 14 both have ther own Honda XR dirtbikes and an old JAG 340 that they hate to share and want to take the MXZ out LOL

Come up to The Forks and we'll get the cob webs out of it/ Your motor probably isn't quite broken in as mine didn't reach full power until 900-1000 miles/ if you have any questions- you'll find help in just about any area/ good luck/ later/jim-bob

Race24X,

Glad to hear from you, I too am from Augusta and travel North almost every weekend !! Nice toys, once you get used to the RX-1's handling you will enjoy it. The grumble of that 4 stroke at all RPM's is addicting. 8)

Race, welcome to the list. I ride the Warrior. Riding is divided between NH Lakes region north of Winnepesaukee, Rangeley and Pittsburg / Diamond Pond / Colebrook.

Also do bikes: among others, I have an '02 ZX12R.

Welcome aboard! Probably the best advice anybody here can give you is to install a Heavy Hitter clutch kit and a K&N kit from ECP for performance and replace the rear shock with an Ohlin to improve the ride.

Hey Race, how are ya? You'll meet the nicest and most knowledgeable people on this site :D And one thing is for sure! With all the information that is avaiable to you, that RX 1 will be rockin and rolling.
I also ride motorcycles; 1976 Hondamatic 750
1990 Yamaha V-Max with sidecar
1998 Suzuki 1500 LC
And ATV 2001 Kawasaki 650 Prarie
Snowmobile 2004 Yamaha Warrior

Hey JimBob I was just up to Rangely this Sunday. We put on 100 miles. I had my daughter on back and it beat up my back a bit plus it turned even worse than with just me. We will have to get together for a ride sometime I love to ride no matter where.
Tshelver I am planning a trip to Colebrook this winter I met some cool people up there when I was going to Montreal on my bike this summer. Maybe we can hook up for a ride too.
Gearhead have you lived in Augusta long. I am 33 and we used to hang out on the ave with our bikes and cars maybe we have run into each other?
I am glad to see there is alot of info on the ski llift problem I will let you all know what worked for me. I keep a diary of all changes I make and what I think of them afterwards.

4 Wheeler

Attachments

• 4wheelerwplow.jpg
    4wheelerwplow.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 137

Back