• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

warranty recall ?

barnstormer

Extreme
Well my dealer called me today to let me know what they said at the dealers training meeting for recall ext. Well what he said surprised me First the rear linkage or any part of the rear suspension supposibly have no recall issues. They are providing a louvor kit for under the seat, front steering parts "I think the cotter pins or locktight." and some airbox repair, he is waiting for more details and said they were gonna send them with the parts. Anyone else here that type of stuff? The dealer I'm dealing with isn't the type to B.S. and would do anything for the customer. He actually was surprised they didn't have a better repair for the rear after he saw how it broke. He told me to pick up the Yamaha part before he put in so that I can have the billet made and not have to take it apart twice, also if I didn't want to make my own he thought "accel" not sure of the spelling was gonna make an aftermarket linkage that was heavier duty. and he'd still honor the warranty.

:moon:

barnstormer said:
He told me to pick up the Yamaha part before he put in so that I can have the billet made and not have to take it apart twice, also if I didn't want to make my own he thought "accel" not sure of the spelling was gonna make an aftermarket linkage that was heavier duty. and he'd still honor the warranty.

Why not order a billet one from a 08 Phazer?

mine broke and yamaha replaced it free of charge last year, tho it was still under warranty they normally dont warranty a wear part. they are pretty good with customer support. if they dont make it a recal yet call the yamaha hotline and complain about how it broke the more and more complaints they will make it a recall obviously

Just got a voicemail from my dealer. All he said was that there is a yamaha update recall for the phazer rear linkage. But he said it was in the form of a kit anybody know what will be included. He was very short on detail. Only thing is it won't be availible till mid november which kinda sucks.

:die

Here is the issue with "Working with the dealer" TIME or lack of it.These parts break when the machines are being ridden.Usually that means when the trails are open.Locally that was only two weeks last year.I like others need to ride every possible minute of those two weeks.Last year the exhaust flanges cracked,Templight came on and cracked the linkage.Dealer did make effort to contact Yamaha.Linkage and exhaust parts would be replaced under warranty but they needed the old parts back and didnt have new ones in stock.So in other words I would have had to wait for parts that were same as ones that broke.Instead I fired up the Mig and fixed them myself.Was told std Phazer wiring harness would not accept a fan but they were working on it.In my opinion Yamaha more so and dealers less so need to take a proactive approach.Yes maybe not everyone will have these issues but why not send a couple updated parts to the dealers in case some do.I do not believe for a minute that Yamaha doesnt know there is a higher failure rate/issue for these parts.If Yamaha would send these parts to the dealers the dealers could give them to the people who they decide need them and return Yamaha the stock parts in return.This would be timely and proactive and would make everyone happy and its the right thing to do.

I just got the recall in mail for the clips today.Maybe they will suprise me and include the other parts.

EsonPZ said:
barnstormer said:
He told me to pick up the Yamaha part before he put in so that I can have the billet made and not have to take it apart twice, also if I didn't want to make my own he thought "accel" not sure of the spelling was gonna make an aftermarket linkage that was heavier duty. and he'd still honor the warranty.

Why not order a billet one from a 08 Phazer?

If anyone has a part # for the Billet link please post it.I will go order one tomorrow.

cannondale27 said:
.Was told std Phazer wiring harness would not accept a fan but they were working on it.

Well I can say that I guess you are having a worse time than me and I will agree that it sucks when they take their time in providing a repair. I have personally bitched about the same thing. But I will also say that after having the problems that "some" of us did would you want the complete fix or the temp, doing it right takes the extra time and they missed the mark with that part of the suspension. Wouldn't it be nice if they gave us a bonus for the inconvience we had, I think it would but they have to deal with the customers. As for the wiring being in the harness it is in the harness and was mentioned on this forum.

http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php? ... highlight=

I would just say be happy that your smart enough and skilled enough to repair the problems on the fly.

#$%&*

Thanks for the link.Was told std had a different wiring harness than other models but will check for plug shown just to be sure I wasnt handed a line.

Recall Notice

Got my recall notice yesterday for replacing a spring clip with a cotter pin in the front suspension. The notice says it will take 40 minutes to do this.

Seems a bit long to do this? It would be nice if Yamaha would consolidate any recalls they are considering to minimize the trips to the dealer.

Got mine today, called the dealer, he's all po'd because yamaha sends this stuff out without getting the parts to the dealers and he has a bunch of guys calling to get there fix but no parts. Oh well, I told him no rush yet, just hope we get everything taken care of before it's snowing somewhere and I wanna ride.

Trevor

Look what I spotted at snow show tonight.The elusive billet link.Going to try ordering one tomorrow.It was only on the FOX float equipped Phazer.
Sled also had plastic blockoffs for tunnel.

Attachments

• 10-19-07_1758.jpg
    10-19-07_1758.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 86
  • 10-19-07_1757.jpg
    10-19-07_1757.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 75
it has thoes upgrades cause its an 08 all has the fan on the radator and im gessing the updated parts for the steering cause the recall doesnt effect the 08s as far as i know

there are 3 bulletins 1 for the the little metals things that hold down the air filter they drill out the old rivet and put in a new one with a backup washer on the new rivet. 1 is for some rubber thing that hooks to the two posts in the front of the airbox to keep out snow the last one is for 3 metal brackets to be riveted on behind the plastic cover for the steering so when u are doing that stuff get the steering recall done its just two collars and the replace the old nuts with looknuts and and replace the hitch pins with cotter pins did alll of them on my own machine all parts are available on the fans they will work something out with u check out the new grease to its way better then the old stuff and its blue no recall on the front link they just said there was a new part and it comes as a kit not available last time i checked just talk to your dealer

Back