• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Wastegate install issue

fxnytrortxkid

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
USA
Snowmobile
09 nytro rtx
Hey all, I am having trouble getting airbox in (gap ram this year) far enough for side panel to fit on. I believe it’s because I can’t get the cross tube in place because the first belly is hitting the silver threaded ring on the ts wastegate I am installing. It keeps the cross tube about 1/8” from fully seating, being its suction side I can’t imagine issue but I have since removed the rov so it may aid in my ability to rotate more and make it work. But thought I would check for any tips tricks or know issues I don’t know about. It’s hard to see in pics but here’s what I mean

IMG_7248.jpeg
IMG_7244.jpeg
IMG_7243.jpeg

You can use a dremel and grind down cross tube a bit where hitting waistgate actuator. And or lower actuator a bit by moding mounting holes, but this means taking everything apart again unfortuantly.

You can use a dremel and grind down cross tube a bit where hitting waistgate actuator. And or lower actuator a bit by moding mounting holes, but this means taking everything apart again unfortuantly.
I considered heating and indenting pipe there aswell, I thought about grinding it but didn’t seem thick enough to work. I’ll take a look maybe over sizing holes is the anwser.

Last edited:

Back