• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Weight

Nice find....I have never been able to find AC dry weights, now this seems too good to be true, but if its correct, then WOW!

I made up a little image here....showing the T-Cat 137". 239kg=526lbs dry.

Dan

View attachment 117365

So compared to the self proclaimed light weight leader, the 1200 Renegade is 518 dry, Hmmm 50 HP more should handle the additional 8 lbs.

So compared to the self proclaimed light weight leader, the 1200 Renegade is 518 dry, Hmmm 50 HP more should handle the additional 8 lbs.
I hear ya!....I know my 129" 1200x has a spec of 515dry....So the 526 for a 137 tcat sure sounds amazing, just not sure i buy it? lol

It will come down to riding one in rough, and my tight and twisty trails to "feel" it....after all weight is just a number, and its the real feel on your OWN trail system. Always a tough thing for my area, as Muskoka is tight,twisty and can be hilly....while we also have a ton of lakes everywhere! So really two different sleds are needed! haha

Dan

I've heard 205hp. Still too heavy to make an impact on the mountain market. But will certainly make a great trail sled.

Anyone get any info on this? I believe in one video it states the sw will have the best power to weight ratio in the industry. So if you take the axys power of roughly 150 divided by the 408 dry weight you will get .367.
With that number divided by the claimed 180 HP we could be seeing 490 dry weight? Is that possible or a dream

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Figure it at 200 to 205 hp and it may look better,but I don't see how any sled with this much motor can weigh in that low,I remember cat saying its new procross in 2012 turbo was 40-50 lbs lighter than there old style turbo,well if it was,it still weighed more than my apex at the time.

Story from the Yamaha rep is its only 10lbs more than a viper
Well that might be true,this new 998 engine is said to be 10lbs lighter than its nytro motor 1049 not sure if that is true or not,one thing for sure it wont be anywhere as light as the heaviest 2 stroke sport sled.

I hear ya!....I know my 129" 1200x has a spec of 515dry....So the 526 for a 137 tcat sure sounds amazing, just not sure i buy it? lol

It will come down to riding one in rough, and my tight and twisty trails to "feel" it....after all weight is just a number, and its the real feel on your OWN trail system. Always a tough thing for my area, as Muskoka is tight,twisty and can be hilly....while we also have a ton of lakes everywhere! So really two different sleds are needed! haha

Dan
Dan when I bought my 2013 procross turbo it came with a slip from cat,it stated 595 dry,and was close to 700 lbs fully wet,w/out snow.

The average weight of an American is nowhere near 300 pounds with the hell you talking about. I weigh 150 pounds, the average male weighs 175 pounds, get your facts straight before you want to insult someone
I can honestly tell you the average male American is well over 175 lbs those are old numbers,its like the standard our country uses to judge obese people,if you are lean like I am,at 9.7 % bf at 200 lbs I am considered obese,there are a lot of fit bodybuilder style people who weigh a lot more than 175 or 150,this is the guy who is a snowcross type or mountain rider professional,and are in shape,but I am a semi pro bodybuilder and have been for 40 years,the average person not in shape riding sleds are way over 175,i think 300 was way off,but 200 is not,and I ride with more guys 200-240 in shape people who are heavy by our standards,when I was in the service and you had muscle,they wanted you to lose it,because of the system needs a man at a certain weight,weather he is unhealthy to get down to that weight,its there 50 year old standard,its outdated,but the point was the sled fully loaded for our days ride will be well over 550 lbs than add 200 lbs now what is your weight to ratio,who cares,when you have a 200 hp sled

I just googled it
Average weight of American Male = 191 lbs
Average weight of Canadian Male = 177 lbs
That makes North American Average = 184lbs
Lol...we sledders could loose some weight!
Don't forget guys these numbers are just from a poll of so many people who answered there poll,whoever gave it,have any of you ever been polled for your weight,i am 60 and I never have,so it really don't make squat,i for one don't believe it,i am in the fitness busness,and there are a lot more out of shape over weight people in this country today than ever before,and we have more nutrition tips today than ever before,but people have to want to drop weight,or fat!

Dan
Dan where did anyone find a dry weight of a 2017 thundercat,that seems to light for real,that is,remember a few yyears ago,ok maybe 20 now all the rags were on weight dry weight,all listed theres lighter,all dry weights,than they started to fill them to the way we ride and weighed them,most were lying about there dry weight numbers,thats when the weight wars started.

Arctic cat euro posts all dry weights. 9000 xf 153 is 530lbs dry. So I would assume the btx 153 is about the same. With a turbo viper I will need to see a huge weight reduction to buy another Yamaha.. it's just too much to throw around in the trees and getting stuck is a nightmare..

Back