• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Weight

Yes, that is correct. But more power never hurt anyone, but like I said the sidewinder has a better shock package than the Viper. So that right there will give it a advantage when the rough gets going in the going gets rough hahaha

If people read the am snow wet weights from their yearly tests they would know that the 800axys came in at 552lbs wet weight and a 08 nytro was 598 and the viper is 607 with studs. So you guys are talking 100-150lvs difference but on the same scale with all fluids they are only 50-60lbs apart. Learn what you read then post.

Yes, that is correct. But more power never hurt anyone, but like I said the sidewinder has a better shock package than the Viper. So that right there will give it a advantage when the going gets rough and the rough gets going hahaha
The shock package is better but not $4000 better. I would sell stock shocks from viper and buy axis or Elkas and have a shock package no stock sled could touch. I personally would rather buy cheapest version and my own shocks.

Yes, that is correct. But more power never hurt anyone, but like I said the sidewinder has a better shock package than the Viper. So that right there will give it a advantage when the rough gets going in the going gets rough hahaha
That was my selling point along with not having to mess with it any more. My MPI kit has been trouble free but I've always watched the gauges like a hawk and been paranoid. To upgrade from my DX and not have to think about the AFR or boost numbers will be awesome. The season is just too short to be tinkering with the gems and clutching.

My dad totaled my mom's 15 rtx yesterday. So the payout will be close to 10k right now. I figure my used MPI kit with Ulmer clutching, gears and AEM gauge set will sell for about 1500. Give her my stock LTX and for about 3750 I can pick up an LTX LE sidewinder.

Gotta turn a bad weekend into good somehow......

Last edited:
Lifting the front end is a setup thing more power not needed for that. I don't know but the SnoX and Xc guys have all the power they seem to need with 600's. Would be cool to see a open class though for sure.
The snocross sleds are about gearing, a deep lug track with studs ,and less weight !
Those sleds are set up with very little transfer , as they don't need/want that for racing .
They have about 130ish HP , so its not all about power , its set up , and getting the power to the snow , in a controllable way .

The shock package is better but not $4000 better. I would sell stock shocks from viper and buy axis or Elkas and have a shock package no stock sled could touch. I personally would rather buy cheapest version and my own shocks.
For that extra for grand you get more than just better shocks, how about an extra 55 plus horsepower? And to top it all off how about their best clutching the ever produced? The way you make it sound if they are charging you an extra 4k just for marginally better shocks

I'm saying I don't need the 180hp I want the 130-140hp range. So to me that's not a selling point. The clutches are a complete unknown on if they will function better or not. I have seen turbo vipers with 1000 or less miles for under 10k. The axis shocks on my nytro I had built so I can use them on a viper. And the weight is an unknown but we know it's still gonna outweigh the viper. It's a tough call for people to decide on which is worth what to them. Personally the only benifit I find to me is if I HAVE to be first across the lake. On trail it made no improvements. And I don't ride mtns. Give any sales pitch you want but that's the dilemma this sled is stuck in imo

`` It is definitely heavier than the Viper, depending on model, likely in the neighbourhood of 10-12 kg wet. But you don’t feel it unless your using it to bench press cr. ``

The poo =2.72 lbs per HP, .367 lbs per HP would mean their 800 makes 1144 HP
You guys need to try what I started on, 1967 Sno Hawk 16 lbs per HP, and that was the big dog, 19 HP not the 17 HP.

Well we know there is a couple of sidewinders out there!! Can someone "PLEASE" put it on a scale and reveal the weight please!!!?

That's not bad

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

The poo =2.72 lbs per HP, .367 lbs per HP would mean their 800 makes 1144 HP
You guys need to try what I started on, 1967 Sno Hawk 16 lbs per HP, and that was the big dog, 19 HP not the 17 HP.
.367 would be HP per lbs.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Nice find....I have never been able to find AC dry weights, now this seems too good to be true, but if its correct, then WOW!

I made up a little image here....showing the T-Cat 137". 239kg=526lbs dry.

Dan

Dry weight cat c.jpg

Back