• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Weight

Well if you add the average weight of an American, which is about 300# (going off what I see at Walmart), then the Sidewinder has a FAR superior Power to Weight ratio......... sleds don't ride themselves.

The average weight of an American is nowhere near 300 pounds with the hell you talking about. I weigh 150 pounds, the average male weighs 175 pounds, get your facts straight before you want to insult someone

Even 550 would be amazing and if it doesn't carry 100 lbs of snow n ice like my nytro I will be very happy

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Well the Viper does not carry snow and ice like the Nytro did because of where the exhaust comes out. so on that front you will be fine,if the Viper is around 520 pounds dry then the Sidewinder should be around 540-550.

The average weight of an American is nowhere near 300 pounds with the hell you talking about. I weigh 150 pounds, the average male weighs 175 pounds, get your facts straight before you want to insult someone
I guess I should have used the sarcasm font, I'm from MINNESOTA so I can make fun of myself, an American. The point is sleds can't ride without a rider so that weight should be counted in a power to weight ratio.

well the way you made it sound was like you were not American and you were insulting America, but at any rate the Sidewinder will be slightly under the three pounds per horsepower mark. But that is more important for the mountain guide then us Flatlanders, I know for a fact that this sled is going to be a better rough trail sled then the Viper was and the Viper was a very very good one.

Yeah so the Sidewinder should be right around three pounds per 1 horsepower, I would say probably a little less, more like 2.95 pounds per

I agree with OCD, sleds should be weighed FULL OF FLUIDS, READY TO RIDE, period. That's how you ride. Not "dry" weight, too much BS can go on with those published weights, different sized gas tanks, oil reservoirs, brake fluid master cylinder etc....to come to the true weight of the vehicle and be able to compare properly. Just my $.02.....

well the way you made it sound was like you were not American and you were insulting America, but at any rate the Sidewinder will be slightly under the three pounds per horsepower mark. But that is more important for the mountain guide then us Flatlanders, I know for a fact that this sled is going to be a better rough trail sled then the Viper was and the Viper was a very very good one.
Why would it be a better rough trail sled than the Viper? Please explain.

Anyone get any info on this? I believe in one video it states the sw will have the best power to weight ratio in the industry. So if you take the axys power of roughly 150 divided by the 408 dry weight you will get .367.
With that number divided by the claimed 180 HP we could be seeing 490 dry weight? Is that possible or a dream

Its wrong, the official statement is: Best power to weight ratio at high ALTITUDE. That`s a different story.

Got ya

Well if you add the average weight of an American, which is about 300# (going off what I see at Walmart), then the Sidewinder has a FAR superior Power to Weight ratio......... sleds don't ride themselves.

That right chair is funny, I don't care what you say! LOL!!! Same holds true at our local Wally World!

I got it & thought it was funny. The sad part is you may be talking about the K-mart women. 300 lbs. in flip flops & yoga pants that say "juicy". I'm not sure how we got from Sidewinders to fat chicks, but I think I'm gonna be sick...

Why would it be a better rough trail sled than the Viper? Please explain.
Because it is the same chassis, with more power so it can lift up the front end and just skip the top of the moguls easier and in my opinion it has a better suspension setup then the Viper. The floats are overrated, not only in my opinion but if you read magazines or watch snowtraxxs or talk to people on the actual trail a lot of people echo the same opinion. By the way, I own a Viper RTX and I love it. No slide when the trails get rough or tight can shake me, not even my friends XRS. He was shocked when there was only 3 sleds way ahead of the group when it got real bad, axis pro s,xrs n me that was it

Last edited:
Lifting the front end is a setup thing more power not needed for that. I don't know but the SnoX and Xc guys have all the power they seem to need with 600's. Would be cool to see a open class though for sure.

Back