• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Weight

Arctic cat euro posts all dry weights. 9000 xf 153 is 530lbs dry. So I would assume the btx 153 is about the same. With a turbo viper I will need to see a huge weight reduction to buy another Yamaha.. it's just too much to throw around in the trees and getting stuck is a nightmare..
Well they must of lightened the cats up a lot from my 13 cat turbo 129 LXR I had than,it had a paper that came with it,claiming dry weight 590lb so add about 100 lbs fully loaded,and it felt heavy as any attack or my 15 ape xtx 144 did.

I found this on Facebook. I don't know the guy that posted it but I figured the numbers look legit.
Screenshot_2016-03-20-22-07-11.png

In Summary all sleds with 1/2 tank of fuel,

14 Polaris RMK 800 (155 i think)- 502 lbs
15 Cat 800 HC 141- 514 lbs
15 Viper 1000 141- 556 lbs

So hypothetically +10 for a Sidewinder 566 lbs.

Last edited:
20-30-40 or 50.. number don't really matter when it feels like a tank compared to the others.

20-30-40 or 50.. number don't really matter when it feels like a tank compared to the others.
I'm wondering what the mountain sleds feel like with the narrow front ends now. Is it really a 50 lb weight thing or is it chassis related? Do the M series cats with the 2s feel that much different? I don't ever notice the weight on the trails and prefer the feel of the viper over the doo. I haven't gotten a chance to ride an axys chassis yet though.

I picked up the front and rear of the Sidewinder at the Geneva snocross and it was much easier to do
than my 2006 Apex ER. Maybe the excitement gave me super strength? LOL

If 30/40 pounds extra feels like a tank to you, you may want to hit up Planet Fitness.

On the trails I don't notice the weight.
I don't ride trails.

Attachments

• 20160319_170304.jpg
    20160319_170304.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 191
Double post.

Last edited:
I'm wondering what the mountain sleds feel like with the narrow front ends now. Is it really a 50 lb weight thing or is it chassis related? Do the M series cats with the 2s feel that much different? I don't ever notice the weight on the trails and prefer the feel of the viper over the doo. I haven't gotten a chance to ride an axys chassis yet though.
Its somewhat manageable. In Deep snow its fine. but in the set up snow or low snow conditions it can be a fair amount of work. I'm a small guy as well.. I think its something you need to get used to.. Carry more speed, and more body english.. it'll get in the same spots a 2 stroke will.

I was just told by Yamaha engineer/rep at the show tonight that SW will be 40lbs more than stock viper, 20lbs more than an mpi viper. I helped dig out skidoos, Arctic cats, and yammys this year, and when they are buried, they are all heavy!

The MPI turbo kit is 20 lbs more than stock? Sounds heavy compared to my mcx kit. If I were to guess the mcx kit might add 5 pounds.. that's over estimating..

I found this on Facebook. I don't know the guy that posted it but I figured the numbers look legit. View attachment 117766

In Summary all sleds with 1/2 tank of fuel,

14 Polaris RMK 800 (155 i think)- 502 lbs
15 Cat 800 HC 141- 514 lbs
15 Viper 1000 141- 556 lbs

So hypothetically +10 for a Sidewinder 566 lbs.
So it is still a 600 lb sled,fully fueled and add 10 lbs for the extra turbo,thats still 100 lbs lighter than my 2015 apex xtx,I am happy,and 40 plus hp more.

The MPI turbo kit is 20 lbs more than stock? Sounds heavy compared to my mcx kit. If I were to guess the mcx kit might add 5 pounds.. that's over estimating..

I'm not going to name drop on here, but the info was straight from one of the engineers in Wisconsin. Talked to him in detail for about 30 min. Take it for what it's worth. I got to think your turbo housing alone weighs 15-20 lbs? I know the MPI wasn't light. With the enormous size of the exhaust can on the SW, and if it weighs anything close to the one that came off the the viper, that thing will be heavy - It looked about double the size of the viper stock can.

I got to think your turbo housing alone weighs 15-20 lbs? I know the MPI wasn't light.

More like 5-7 lbs. Then plus the air box maybe .5-1 lb and the controller and air tubing. .5-1lb. The bracket that holds the turbo .5lb and then the exhaust probably 3lb.

Back