• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Weight

Stone9

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2013 Nytro XTX
Anyone get any info on this? I believe in one video it states the sw will have the best power to weight ratio in the industry. So if you take the axys power of roughly 150 divided by the 408 dry weight you will get .367.
With that number divided by the claimed 180 HP we could be seeing 490 dry weight? Is that possible or a dream

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I don't see how. I was at the showing last night looking at it. It's a Viper with a new motor. Whatever Viper weighs, add a little to that. Yamaha dealer said the NADA book lists the Viper @ 560 lbs.

Makes more sense

If it weighs 550 N comes in at 190 hp that's 2.89 lbs per hp

And the poo at 150 hi n 405 Is 2.72 lbs per hp not what you said

OK so the axys is 2.72 lbs per hp

No I said 150/408=.367

And 180/.367=490

Yes, but the Yamaha will come in under 3 pounds per horsepower which still will make it a very good mountain sled and we all know it's going to be an excellent rough trail sled

Anyone get any info on this? I believe in one video it states the sw will have the best power to weight ratio in the industry. So if you take the axys power of roughly 150 divided by the 408 dry weight you will get .367.
With that number divided by the claimed 180 HP we could be seeing 490 dry weight? Is that possible or a dream

There may be a technicality of dry weight /wet weight , 2stroke /4 stroke ,that may change your #'s

No doubt I was just curious if anyone knew or had an idea. Regardless the weight this torque monster will be awesome

As long as it is around 550 we will be right around 2.90-2.95 so that's great news for the mountain guys but for us trail guys those numbers aren't really that important for us

My Poo dealer said the Axys is 160hp & 420 lbs. Let's assume that's true which would make it 2.63 lbs. per HP. To beat that the 'Winder @ 180 HP would have to weigh 473 or less and 513 @ 195HP. ASSUMING these #'s are correct, I feel Yamaha is not going on actual #'s with their claim, but seat of the pants scare value...

Even 550 would be amazing and if it doesn't carry 100 lbs of snow n ice like my nytro I will be very happy

Back