• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

WET FEET ON PHAZER GT?????????????

MR.HAPPY

TY 4 Stroke Master
Country
USA
Snowmobile
YAMAHA
What do I do to stop my Daughters feet from getting wet on their Phazers?
Both are riding 07' GTs. Both get wet feet going down the trail!

Thanks!

BR

heres what i did and it worked very good. i bought the sideskirts and put them on, it just slowed it down. i took duct tape and cover the whole inside. then i closed off my back tunnel. check the inside of theyre boots for tears around the seam? mine were rubbed thru. youll still get the snow melt on the outside though so they have to kick it of. so it doesnt melt onto theyre bibs. and soak them from the calves down imo. good luck

Coldone,

Buy the Yamaha kit to plug the rear hole. Approx $70. There are some threads on here that discuss this. I would also recommend plugging the front hole in the tunnel. There are a couple threads about this also.

You also need to block off the holes at sides of bumper.A member here made me some pieces of rubber that use the reflector bolts to hold piece on.Helps alot.

You can also go with a waterproof boot that has rubber up above your ankle and make sure your bibs are extra long. I started a thread 3 years ago, my first ride on my phazer I needed a bilge pump to get all the water out of my boots. Nothing worse than stopping a bar, taking you boots off and dumping a half glass of water out of them. Either close the tunnel of or put the side skirts on.

side skirts will only slow it down...blocking the tunnel is best way to go...besides its a GT model he said? if it's anything like mine it came stock with the skirts

I also sealed up the triangle by the rear bumper next to the reflector. It stops the snow from comming up onto the floorboards.

I sealed up the tunnel 2 years ago and my left foot still gets wet. I must say it did help but it does not cure the problem. I think those plastic bumpr pieces will help also

Learning from experiences, it's best to plug the rear hole and wear some nice baffin rubbers from royal distributing, stops feet from getting wet and keeps feet warm. No worries about looking dumb, boots look like any other and pull your snowpants over them. Solves problem completely.

cannondale27 said:
You also need to block off the holes at sides of bumper.A member here made me some pieces of rubber that use the reflector bolts to hold piece on.Helps alot.

Yea that was me cannondale27. I made you a set just like I made for my sled. Here is a picture of them. You can see them right in front of the reflector. They keep the snow from coming though the hole by the track rotating that direction that sends it right through the hole and on the backs of your legs.

freerideinstalled.jpg

Back