• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What accessories are you adding to your MTX right away

Peter
I'll probably stay naturally aspirated. Possibly may go with Jim's header/re-flash set up and shave some weight off.
Most of the guys I ride with run stock(ish) 800's or smaller and we do a lot of boondocking through the trees. I took this approach with my old Nytro and had a lot of fun on that sled!

Bill
Thats the way I should go but I have never had a turbo and would like to go all out this year.

Trick Nick, Did you already install those BM boards? I was wanted the same ones but i was told they where no good, bad fit and mounting is what I heard?? true??

Trick Nick, Did you already install those BM boards? I was wanted the same ones but i was told they where no good, bad fit and mounting is what I heard?? true??
Have not got the sled yet. Dealer said it should be here around the 24th. But i dont get back from work till the 4th of Nov. Ill report back when i have them installed. I personally have not heard anything bad about B&M products.

Picked up my billet ARS FX a-arms today. These are gonna look bada$$ on the Viper. Hopefully my sled should be done at the dealer by the weekend so I can install them :)

20141119_100605_zps36dzxtqm.jpg

I finally got my boards put on now all i need is the traction screws. The color is a bit off but they'll do for now. Fit it pretty good, the bar that goes over the foot well could be a little closer to the factory position in my opion but they are a good product. Looking forward to getting out on the snow with these
20150112_190624_zpsf50a5b5d.jpg

20150112_185426_zpsntykjaz0.jpg

My xtx le has the mountain seat and im looking for a tunnel bag, all the nice bags I see come fitted for the trail style seats. I would like to see some pics of diff set ups.

I added the Ice Age Pro-Motion kit to the skid of mine recently. Haven't had a chance to test it out yet.

20150116_190440_zps4ettxsdw.jpg

20150116_190428_zpsaguv0pel.jpg

Side note: Ice Age wants you to drill out the rail for the lower shaft mounting bolt for a 10mm instead of 8mm stock. I didn't feel good about not being able to go back to stock, to gain .080" in bolt diameter. I made a replacement shaft with 8mm threads instead.

20150116_195414_zpsuxw5hbco.jpg

Yamaha tunnel bag out of the accessories catalog. Kinda disappointed it doesn't work better with my SOS shovel. Might have to buy the shovel it was designed around :(

Last edited:
Im pretty bummed that there is no under seat storage because thats where the gas tank is so the best i can come up with, with still looking good and having room for straps, water, and other gear is this. I also saw a tunnel rack in the "conquer snow part2" video on youtube that looked cool but i cant find it on the web yet. if anyone has a better tunnel storage idea let me know, not really looking for a gas rack
View attachment 97466
Will this bag work with the mtx seat????

I added the Ice Age Pro-Motion kit to the skid of mine recently. Haven't had a chance to test it out yet.

How does this work? Can you make it coupled and uncoupled with this or what? :) What benefits will you get? :)

How does this work? Can you make it coupled and uncoupled with this or what? :) What benefits will you get? :)

The ProMotion has nothing to do with coupling. Its IceAge's spin on Ski-doo's T-motion for the Summits. It allows the skid to pivot to a point to allow for easier boondocking and sidehilling. The Tmotion only pivots 1.5* each way, the ProMotion (for ProClimb & ProRMK) pivots 3* each way.

http://www.iceageperformance.com/products/featured-products-2/polaris-pro-motion.html

I do have the Zbroz KISS coupler also pictured which helps control wheeling.

The ProMotion has nothing to do with coupling. Its IceAge's spin on Ski-doo's T-motion for the Summits. It allows the skid to pivot to a point to allow for easier boondocking and sidehilling. The Tmotion only pivots 1.5* each way, the ProMotion (for ProClimb & ProRMK) pivots 3* each way.

http://www.iceageperformance.com/products/featured-products-2/polaris-pro-motion.html

I do have the Zbroz KISS coupler also pictured which helps control wheeling.

Make sure you let us know if it helps when you get a chance to go out and ride! Im interested but would like to hear about it first.

Anybody that has done the mod on the skid to make it easyer to sidehill? :)
I have been instructed by a Yamaha dealer as they have gotten out a memo on it. Only thing to do is to drill some holes and move the front swingarm lower on the rails and a little bit backwards so they are like the AC sleds :)

Got pics on how to do but the text on them are swedish :)

Side note: Ice Age wants you to drill out the rail for the lower shaft mounting bolt for a 10mm instead of 8mm stock. I didn't feel good about not being able to go back to stock, to gain .080" in bolt diameter. I made a replacement shaft with 8mm threads instead.

RIDE REPORT:

This weekend I was able to get out and test the new ProMotion kit I installed. I must say it was a HUGE improvement!

Pros:
-ALOT easier to boondock the sled through the trees!
-Easier to hold a sidehill once pulled over and maintain it!
-Very nice assembly with excellent machining/fit & finish!

Cons:
-Going down the trail, it makes the sled twitchy/darty, reminds me of aggressive skis!
-Off camber hillsides, it will allow the sled to move 3* in the wrong direction, easy enough to bring back upright though.
-Price $$$, its hard to argue its value. I'm not sure why they supply a replacement top shaft for the scissor point. Their countersunk hardware has the same threads as the stock shaft and looks indentical!
-Drilling out the rail mounting hole for a 2mm larger bolt, this makes going back to stock nearly impossible! The lower shaft I made, so I didn't have to drill out my rails, is holding up great!! :)

Overall:

Quite possibly the BEST mod (other than the turbo) I've done to the sled so far. Its night and day difference in handling of the sled. I was starting to think this might be a one season only sled. Not anymore :) I'll take the quirky trail manners for better boondocking any day! I try and ride as few of trails as possible!

Back