• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What accessories are you adding to your MTX right away

Of course our snow is powder but I had no complaints about boards last year. SOOO much better than Nytro boards
Yeah here we ride pretty close to sea leavel 0-5000 feet and the snow can be real wet almost to the consistency of mashed patatos and stick to everything

Yeah here we ride pretty close to sea leavel 0-5000 feet and the snow can be real wet almost to the consistency of mashed patatos and stick to everything

Yeah, we have the wet heavy stuff here in Western WA as well. My tunnel is bare aluminum and the "Cascade concrete" can build up on the boards pretty good when it's deep and heavy.
I just installed a set a set of boards last week end and I'm looking forward to trying them out this season.;)!

Yeah, we have the wet heavy stuff here in Western WA as well. My tunnel is bare aluminum and the "Cascade concrete" can build up on the boards pretty good when it's deep and heavy.
I just installed a set a set of boards last week end and I'm looking forward to trying them out this season.;)!

Bill, which boards did you go with?

Peter,

They are the boards out of Cat's 2015 accessory catalog, which I believe are BDX. My local Cat dealer had them in stock so I decided to try them out!
They fit nice and the instructions are well written.
A couple things that I like about them are that they use flat stock along the inner edge, which reduces the horizontal surface area up against the tunnel. Also they are slightly narrower then the stock boards towards the front. They are much more rigid then the stock boards as well.
I used automotive panel adhesive between the boards and tunnel for additional strength. It probably wasn't required as the boards come with strong rivets and the correct length spacers to pass through the two layers of tunnel. But then I tend to over-build things at times!

Bill

Attachments

• IMG_2411.JPG
    IMG_2411.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 298
  • IMG_2412.jpg
    IMG_2412.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 294
  • IMG_2413.jpg
    IMG_2413.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 294
MPI 180 turbo
Slydog 8" skis
Zbroz bumper/skidplate combo
Zbroz billet A-Arms
Zbroz KISS coupler
Roll Over Valve Kit
Shorai Lightweight battery

I haven't decided if I'm gonna do a tunnel bag or not, since I wear a backpack...

I've never had Fox Float's before, so I need to ride the sled and decide if I'm gonna put Exit X1's on like I did to my XP.

MPI 180 turbo
Slydog 8" skis
Zbroz bumper/skidplate combo
Zbroz billet A-Arms
Zbroz KISS coupler
Roll Over Valve Kit
Shorai Lightweight battery

I haven't decided if I'm gonna do a tunnel bag or not, since I wear a backpack...

I've never had Fox Float's before, so I need to ride the sled and decide if I'm gonna put Exit X1's on like I did to my XP.

I really like the floats but it seems I am the minority in that. Don't be afraid to set the air pressure low as the floats have an oil resivour under the air. I run 60 in the front and 75 to 100 in the back.

Peter,

They are the boards out of Cat's 2015 accessory catalog, which I believe are BDX. My local Cat dealer had them in stock so I decided to try them out!
They fit nice and the instructions are well written.
A couple things that I like about them are that they use flat stock along the inner edge, which reduces the horizontal surface area up against the tunnel. Also they are slightly narrower then the stock boards towards the front. They are much more rigid then the stock boards as well.
I used automotive panel adhesive between the boards and tunnel for additional strength. It probably wasn't required as the boards come with strong rivets and the correct length spacers to pass through the two layers of tunnel. But then I tend to over-build things at times!

Bill

Gotcha. Are you going with a lightweight hood? I have a Proclimb in the shop right now and can't believe how heavy the hood assy is. It is also a PITA to remove and install. I really prefer the way the Nytro bodywork fits together.

Gotcha. Are you going with a lightweight hood? I have a Proclimb in the shop right now and can't believe how heavy the hood assy is. It is also a PITA to remove and install. I really prefer the way the Nytro bodywork fits together.

Not sure if I will go with a light weight hood yet. I think that most of the weight savings to be had is in the headlight/cowl assembly.
Some of the M8000 guys around here will go with a light weight hood and headlight delete, then install a handle bar mounted LED light. They don't project light as far as the stock headlight, but if you don't ride at night then it's not a bad way to go.

Most likely I will do some more mods to shave weight/add power as budget allows though!:)

Bill

Any one going to get the EVO turbo? Or has any one tested one yet?

Any one going to get the EVO turbo? Or has any one tested one yet?
Peter
I'll probably stay naturally aspirated. Possibly may go with Jim's header/re-flash set up and shave some weight off.
Most of the guys I ride with run stock(ish) 800's or smaller and we do a lot of boondocking through the trees. I took this approach with my old Nytro and had a lot of fun on that sled!

Bill

Back