• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What are you changing this year?

Rob, I am not sure you will like the chrome a-arms....as they are hard to keep clean!! Fingerprints, grease, etc, all stick to it. That's at least what I found with my Tcat after doing the same thing. Grease runs everwhere, etc!!!

Trying to keep my charge tube from blowing off to intercooler intake, did it at 22 lbs. Have to keep the turbo bolted to the header is another issue, need 10/9 bolts as 8 grade bolts is strethcing and loosening up.

Stretching the stocker to 136 adding a Cobra track and studs.

RX, try these....they are phenomenal, and designed for this application....

http://www.stage8.com/amc.html

Also, if you clean the charge tube inside, as well as the outside of the receptor, it needs to be spotless!!! Then apply a small amount of ware, sat them and should help...if that doesn't work...I had to go with a chorded rubber hose versus silicone charge tube....solved it....

For me it was some engine torque vs. stabilized innercooler causing it....

The silicone connector hose are too short, the aluminum charge tube are a bit too short.
I'll look into the bolts and retainers.

rxrider said:
Have to keep the turbo bolted to the header is another issue, need 10/9 bolts as 8 grade bolts is strethcing and loosening up.

Get 10.9 bolts, drill the heads for stainless steel lockwire (.032 or .040), and lockwire them together. I bought a set of Stage 8 fasteners but found their tabs and retainers too bulky and a PITA. Plus, the tabs can end up vibrating and making noise.

I'm working on a seat for this season. More for looks than to sit down.

Attachments

• 000_0003.JPG
    000_0003.JPG
    229.1 KB · Views: 100
Thanks Mountaintech, I'll take your advice.

That is exactly what I did with the header bolts, non of them have ever come loose.

Finally got my turbo back and everything is back together. Just have to stud it now and install snow flap

Attachments

• IMG_0514 [1024x768].JPG
    IMG_0514 [1024x768].JPG
    143.3 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_0515 [1024x768].JPG
    IMG_0515 [1024x768].JPG
    149.2 KB · Views: 83
Thought I'd bring this to the top again for this year. I'm getting ready to tear into the sled again - pull the motor and install carrillo rods, cp carrillo pistons from Hurricane and we're working at getting them designed with Yamaha rings(really hope this works out), and long ARP head studs. Last year I installed a billet compressor wheel in the turbo, this year I'm following up and changing the turbine wheel for more flow at higher boost, and an adjustable waste gate actuator that you can change the springs in. Lastly I'm going to install some injectors in the intercooler to be able to fuel a little more boost - hoping to get to 24 pounds this year. I've got a 13.5 x 136 speed track for running the ice, and a 136 hacksaw for trail riding. I'll keep updating as things progress!!

The turbo or header bolts did not come loose during the 2013 season :)
I replacled the Silicon Connector hose between the aluminum charge tube and the IC With a Heavy duty fibre armoured rubber hose. I went With a Connector hose twice the length of the silicone hose I replaced and used 2 hose clamps on each side of the Connection. It never came loose during the 2013 season.

Back