• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What are you using to hide intercooler???

pdrmike

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
12 APEX'S 09 Venture GT
Looking for something breathable to hide my intercooler from not being so noticable. What are you guys using, where are you getting it? Went to MICHAEL's, JOANNES, HANCOCK fabric stores with no luck. Thanks, Mike

do you mean as you look at the sled from the outside? I just installed a BPE hood scoop. You have to look real close to see it, but you could always paint the outside of it black?

Attachments

• 07 RTX Painted panels, Retro graphics1.JPG
    07 RTX Painted panels, Retro graphics1.JPG
    84.6 KB · Views: 89
I have one that a guy made for me and didn't end up using it, I would sell it to you if you like it, it's metal.....tom

Attachments

• IMG_0540_1.JPG
    IMG_0540_1.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 56
i wouldnt recommend painting it, i think that will keep it from being as cool as it potentially could be

if you go to your local dealer, you should be able to get a big piece of material that they use as a powder prefilter

i know in manitoba here, you can get a big piece of it from a company called sun and snow, but they dont have a website and they are a dealer only type deal

i have all of the parts books from when the dealer i was running the parts counter for, wemt under a few months ago, pm me to remind me and ill take a look for it later tody and see if gamma or motovan has it, but again you would have to order it through your local dealer

just as an example of what it is, you know those "bullseye" or "flo-rite" vents you can get with that material that keeps snow out but lets are through, thats the stuff.

Thanks for the replies, I think I am going to give Tom's cover a try and possibly order a BPE hood scoop from Ulmer. Thanks, Mike

Back