• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What changes does Yamaha need to make for 09?

The power level is great. Better bottom end than the 800 twins and the top end is pretty close.

It does have tipped up rails.

The deep tunnel is great. It's sweet because when sitting, there is more distance between the seat and running boards(less bend on your knees) and it's extremely comfortable. The running boards are also wide which is fantastic if you have wide boots. Some people argue that narrow running boards hang up less in deeper snow but I personally hate skinny boards.

Nikolai said:
I would rather see a 144 than a 162. Not everybody needs the longest track made. Some of us like an all around sled that can bang jumps and shred powder. I would never go longer than the 153 and if Yamaha would have offered a 144 I would have bought it.

Frostbite, I average 8 mpg riding hard, so it would take a 12 gal. tank to make a 100 miles for me. I just mentioned 9 because that would be enough for me 99% of the time.
i agree..next winter mine will be a 144x16,i find the 153 a wee bit long for my area and style of riding

Ditchbanger, is that a 2006-07 Wolverine 450 in your Avtar?

What about wind protection? Has anyone made an improvement over the stock miniscule windscreen?

Are the handlebar angles correct for your wrist after a day of riding or do you tend to be sore the next day?

Then of course, there's always clutching. Is it something that can be fixed with a simple spring change or will it take a completely different fly weight profile to make the clutching great?

Frosty

1st. gas tank need to be bigger 8-9 mpg just is not getting it done needd to be 10 gal.
2nd need to be able to keep the snow out skid plate
3rd the two screened vents just fill the area under the hood with snow

other than that it great.

Frostbite said:
Ditchbanger, is that a 2006-07 Wolverine 450 in your Avtar?

What about wind protection? Has anyone made an improvement over the stock miniscule windscreen?

Are the handlebar angles correct for your wrist after a day of riding or do you tend to be sore the next day?

Then of course, there's always clutching. Is it something that can be fixed with a simple spring change or will it take a completely different fly weight profile to make the clutching great?

Frosty
its a 06 raptor 700efi..great bike,i put a power commander and full exhaust...and a 1500lb winch..lol..it's see mud every ride and i follow the 4x4's better than they thought i would..i thought the bars were a bit narrow,so i ordered a set i had on my rev and darn..only .5 inch difference..as for the clutching it seems to be getting better with more miles and i turned the secondary up 10 more degree's over stock..when we put aftermarket weights on my buddies rx1 it made a big difference, i have a kit on order from ulmer racing for sea level mtx,and when it gets here i will post on how it does vs the stock set-up

options, options options...

offer the spring buyers options please.

shocks, tracks (length and height), colors,

ALL FOUR (read: front and rear) shock options, gytr, floats, std, OHLINS ect.... maybe even offer spring options for specific weight riders as an option or affordable upgrade.

tracks 144 153 162 1.75-2.25" lugs

accy options: larger on board fuel tank (not add on gas can).

prefilters for ALL openings (it's a mountain sled it's gonna ingest snow, help us prevent it),

BETTER SKIS with edges that are rough or have traction areas on them for pushing down on when rolling a sled back over (like the rest of the mountain sleds have from the other factories).

pivoting riser and options for heights (we are all not the same height)

gytr racing upgrade accys, like the bikes and quads, light weight parts, exhausts, clutching, gearing, light weight body panels, hoods, and seats. under tunnel exhaust, factory turbo or supercharger as add on accy kit.

ski

Nikolai said:
The power level is great. Better bottom end than the 800 twins and the top end is pretty close.

It does have tipped up rails.

The deep tunnel is great. It's sweet because when sitting, there is more distance between the seat and running boards(less bend on your knees) and it's extremely comfortable. The running boards are also wide which is fantastic if you have wide boots. Some people argue that narrow running boards hang up less in deeper snow but I personally hate skinny boards.

AGREED!!!

I pulled the trigger on one yesterday, I have similar concerns any real fixes out there?

Fuel Storage, is there a replacement tank coming out?
Track, really want a 16" x 153" challenger - I tried the maverick not to my liking.
Bars, no heat and thin/slippery I really like the apex bars.
Hyperfax, have on my 162" skid and they don't seem to wear ever!
Hauling Fuel?

there should be a tank out mid jan..10.5 gallon i think,there is also the tourbuddy option that goes on the back

Nikolai said:
I would rather see a 144 than a 162. Not everybody needs the longest track made. Some of us like an all around sled that can bang jumps and shred powder. I would never go longer than the 153 and if Yamaha would have offered a 144 I would have bought it.

And i wouldnt go any shorter than a 162. Sometimes 162 isnt even enough.

We just need more options. im tired of yamaha only having one track option per sled.

For those of you interested in a 144, how interested are you? I have billet 144 rails with a 2.5 degree kick up in the rear sitting here that will replace the stock 121 rails on either a standard FX Nytro or a RTX. I am contemplating building them.......but don't want to build something I won't be able to sell?

Srxspec said:
For those of you interested in a 144, how interested are you? I have billet 144 rails with a 2.5 degree kick up in the rear sitting here that will replace the stock 121 rails on either a standard FX Nytro or a RTX. I am contemplating building them.......but don't want to build something I won't be able to sell?
I would think that you will get a better response at the Shortie/Nytro forum. Most of the guys here are lookin' to go longer! But it's great to see that that may be an option for some. Had I bought a 121"...the 144" would work for me as a great cross-over set-up. ;)!

I would like to see
1 A larger fuel tank
2 Apex type instrument panel
3 more track opitions, (16" wide 144", challenger, works well in the type of snow we have. although not sure if a 16" will fit)
4 less weight is always good, ie Ti exhaust, chrome moly instead of steel.

Back