• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What Did You Do To Your Sled Today???

Got ulmer dynoing it today with the stage one supercharger on it. Will have it next weekend

tapp1 said:
Irv said:
tapp1 said:
128" track and skid relocate on my 08. Also took off the floats for some traditional yamaha gas shocks. Anyone need a track in very good shape and a pair of Fox Floats?

Your sled looks great Tapp1, what do you use for cleaning/polishing products?

Cleaning the tunnel/ skid rails. I use a mild aluminum wheel cleaner as any harsh degreaser will stain/etch the sufrace. I also use car wash.

For textured plastics (black). I use Meguiar's #40 Vinyl/Rubber Cleaner & Conditioner. This leaves a nice satin finish while cleaning at the same time. Smells great.

15261.png

Hope this helps.
Thanks Tapps, I use Plexus, 303 spray and a similar Meguiar's product, #75 Marine Cleaner and conditioner, which I assume is probably the same product?

As far polishing the tunnel goes, I am going to leave that to you guys ;)! .

Attachments

• HPIM1927 (Medium).JPG
    HPIM1927 (Medium).JPG
    92.3 KB · Views: 90
Today, finish installing studs on track and then remove muffler for operation gutting.

New 2011 SE...installed bright lites, chrome riser+ brake levers, billet gas cap+ reverse lever+ brake reservoir cover, Hygear Float Resevoirs, ice scratcher, windsheild bag, polished tunnel, more polish, 13mm swaybar,custom mirrors,some chrome split loom on bars.
Today I tried to figure out how I can get 6 beer into the rear storage compartment like I could on the 07 GT??

Attachments

• wheelssleds 011.jpg
    wheelssleds 011.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 78
  • wheelssleds 015.jpg
    wheelssleds 015.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 87
Installed my new OFT reolcator..

Should have read the instructions the whole way through to the end.

Now I have to go back and re-route the throttle cable and adjust the steering and ski to make sure they are both straight

damn Ontario weather though.. all the snow has gone and we got rain and more rain coming for the next week or so UGH

i prefer to take off the steering linkage off on the top and turn it rather than loosen that stupid lower jam nut. just a tip on the OFT relocater

Considered selling it after the shop just called with the latest update on my ever-increasing bill...

So far we've got,

Sliders
Carb Cleaning/sync
Clutch work (fairly major, a broken spring and then putting it all back to stock after previous owner ruined them. 4500 RPM engagement on a trail sled sucks)
Exhaust Donuts

I think up to around $1250 before tax

grossman said:
Considered selling it after the shop just called with the latest update on my ever-increasing bill...

So far we've got,

Sliders
Carb Cleaning/sync
Clutch work (fairly major, a broken spring and then putting it all back to stock after previous owner ruined them. 4500 RPM engagement on a trail sled sucks)
Exhaust Donuts

Ouch! :o|
Ever thought of trying to do some of this stuff yourself Grossman? I learned and realized most of the work wasn't that hard, it was just fear of the unknown.

Irv said:
grossman said:

So far we've got,

Sliders
Carb Cleaning/sync
Exhaust Donuts

Ouch! :o|
Ever thought of trying to do some of this stuff yourself Grossman? I learned and realized most of the work wasn't that hard, it was just fear of the unknown.

I do attempt most things first. Installed my own reverse kit through the summer. This was actually just a bad chain of events. I got frustrated installing the sliders and figured I'd save myself a headache and take it in, get them to clean the carbs up for me while it was there. Then I got it in my head that it would be a good idea to put the clutch's back to stock while it was there as well. Then after they did the clutch work the mechanic heard some rattling while testing it. So essentially my frustrations with the sliders led to my pain in the wallet.

Mind you other then the money I don't regret it. You have no idea how annoying the clutch setup was. hahaha...

Back