• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What Did You Do To Your Sled Today???

So far this week. I've swapped out to an 07 Nytro bar. They are about an inch taller then the stock Apex bars. Swapped out ECM, trying to resolve my ongoing heater problem. Started it up, yamaheater light came on and within a minute heat. Not going to get to excited yet. Its did that last year to. I probably have $350-$400 just in trying to have warm grips. Better be overwith this season.

Put the stock exhaust back on and new gaskets. Still looking for a MT-X seat and rear trim piece. Looks ok with the WRP seat and exhaust covers. Just not the finished off look I'm going for. Luckily I like the seat, If the Ultra Q was quiet like the stock muffler I would be happy

Lowered the rear mounts 3/8" So I can fit a taller lug track. Put the skid back in. Waiting on a couple 100mm idlers and a nytro tail light.

lawmanbsi said:
Put the stock exhaust back on and new gaskets. Still looking for a MT-X seat and rear trim piece. Looks ok with the WRP seat and exhaust covers. Just not the finished off look I'm going for. Luckily I like the seat, If the Ultra Q was quiet like the stock muffler I would be happy

can you please post a few pics of your sled with the WRP seat installed and the exhaust covers.
I have been thinking about purchasing a WRP seat and I really would like to see exactly what this looks like.
curious as to how much work it would be to make it look close to a stock/finished installation.
thanks

Today I put the cover on and am waiting for snow..... In the past two weeks I picked it up at the dealership, 2011 Apex SE ( first sled I have owned) Installed tank bag, installed 102 Woody studs, Installed marginal snow wheels, adjusted track tension, installed LED lights, polished the tunnel, changed the spark plugs.

Pre-season work

Replaced the exhaust donuts. Polished tunnel. Washed and waxed. Ready for the TY ride in the UP in Dec.

128" track and skid relocate on my 08. Also took off the floats for some traditional yamaha gas shocks. Anyone need a track in very good shape and a pair of Fox Floats?

bjNNz.jpg

Replaced Battery, cleaned clutches and replaced secondary buttons, cleaned and repacked jackshaft and drive bearings, fabricated new tab inside gas tank cover that holds side panel, greased all zerk fitting's, washed, waxed, cleaned and ready to go. 3300 miles on the sled exactly when I started it up. Exahust doghnuts test still shuts down when exhaust is covered. Think I will stretch it one more season and then maybe go with the copper ones. This will probably be a good time to do the bushings as well. Should probably think about sending out the shocks as well.. never been done. Damn...next year will be an expensive and time consuming year..lol

tapp1 said:
128" track and skid relocate on my 08. Also took off the floats for some traditional yamaha gas shocks. Anyone need a track in very good shape and a pair of Fox Floats?

bjNNz.jpg

Your sled looks great Tapp1, what do you use for cleaning/polishing products?

Irv said:
tapp1 said:

Your sled looks great Tapp1, what do you use for cleaning/polishing products?

Cleaning the tunnel/ skid rails. I use a mild aluminum wheel cleaner as any harsh degreaser will stain/etch the sufrace. I also use car wash.

7030005_eg1_665801_pri_larg.jpg

To get the aluminum to shine I use Mother's Mag & aluminum polish and good ole elbow grease.
51pPYThYqKL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

For textured plastics (black). I use Meguiar's #40 Vinyl/Rubber Cleaner & Conditioner. This leaves a nice satin finish while cleaning at the same time. Smells great.

15261.png

For the gloss/clear plastics I use a spray detailer/wax.I do favor Meguiar's products. Any of their quick detailers/spray waxes are good. I usually use Ultimate Quik Wax.

41Agd%2Btb7FL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Hope this helps.

Supa Dexta said:
Tapp, are your arms bent? Looks like your left ski is out ahead of the right a bit.

Yeah from the angle it does look that way. But its just the way I was facing when I was taking the pic.

Here is the other side:
tPsmR.jpg

Back