• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What Did You Do To Your Sled Today???

well burnt a head light on last sat ride on the 16. what a pita to get out as the plug was stuck to the bulb so bad that i bent the retaining spring and destroyed the bulb removing it. i ended up pulling the headlight pod to get all the remains out. threw in a leftover led bulb set up from rockmeister and put it back out in the yard.

Destroyed a ton of studs and wheels last week so fixing them in the morning, but it’s -28 right now so that should be fun in the trailer

I polished the tunnel (again) and went for a short ride around the neighborhood....
C8BF82E4-2C57-4AFD-825F-DF8A83E35E03.jpeg

-34c here this morning :brrr:, all I wanted to do is see if it would start. After two attempts, it did! Didn't want to ride it in this kind of cold (I'm too old for that!) but it's good to know she'll start even when most other things won't. Pretty good with almost 20k km on the clock.

:yam:

well found muffler failure on betsy as it had melted the belly pan through the heat cloth and burnt it too. then found broken spring on trailer that hauls it. got trailer done. sled is tonight after i get home from work.

My son borrowed my sled Saturday and blew the belt and put on the spare. Bought a new Ultimax XS805 that someone on Marketplace was selling and put that on. Seems to be more grippy than the Yammi 8DN and less vibrations. However, while idling, it wants to move the sled and makes shifting into and out of reverse difficult. Rode it 200km today and liked it except for the reverse issues. Also find it engine brakes less.

My son borrowed my sled Saturday and blew the belt and put on the spare. Bought a new Ultimax XS805 that someone on Marketplace was selling and put that on. Seems to be more grippy than the Yammi 8DN and less vibrations. However, while idling, it wants to move the sled and makes shifting into and out of reverse difficult. Rode it 200km today and liked it except for the reverse issues. Also find it engine brakes less.
You should add or subtract washers to adjust belt.

You should add or subtract washers to adjust belt.
Or better yet, add a Thunder Products belt adjuster for infinite, easy adjustment and belt removal. Other vendors offer similar adjusters including BOP.

Pretty sure I have a cracked exhaust joint underneath my seat. 05 Vector with 24K miles.

Back