• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What Did You Do To Your Sled Today???

I don't know if it's the state of affairs these days that causes this or just a lack of work ethics but it seems like the quality of everything is going downhill. I started doing my own work as a teenager out of necessity as I couldn't afford taking my car to a shop and I enjoyed doing my own work and taking pride in it. I figure I have saved hundreds of thousands over the years. My last big job I did on my sled was the head gasket. Read up here and in the manual how to do it and even found a trick on YouTube on how to make the head flat myself. There's videos for just about every job out there. Even TY has its own channel.
yeah, it looks like I have to step up my game. my friend is an awesome mechanic and will ask him to take a look at the work, I just dont like mixing friendships with asking for help but sometimes you find that's what friends are for. he did a great job bringing back to life a 1997 ski doo 2 up he got for $400.

"Hey Joe, where you goin' with that gun of your hand?"

Whats the point of them checking their own work and yours. Unless you have another concern, I would be after them about overcharging and blowing them off in the future. Ask your friend for help, find some way to make it good with your friend, and get your hands dirty. Thats how you learn. Then think of all the money you can spend collecting tools and buying upgrades :)

100% agree with what people are saying about doing your own work. I used to be intimidated and take everything to a dealer but thanks to this site and YouTube videos I'm now doing all my own sled work.

.....and best money I have spent so far is VIP membership here at Totally Yamaha. Let's keep this place humming!

100% agree with what people are saying about doing your own work. I used to be intimidated and take everything to a dealer but thanks to this site and YouTube videos I'm now doing all my own sled work.

.....and best money I have spent so far is VIP membership here at Totally Yamaha. Let's keep this place humming!
all good advise and I will work on my own sled from now on...I can't take all the mistakes this huge dealership in Maine, Massachusetts and New Hampshire have done to my sled, it's all been under one roof...had enough.

well got relay rods replaced on the 16 and 1 slide replaced. going to do the other one when i get home from work tonight. still have to fix the counter sink on the slide plastic as it is not deep enough.

Put the stock riser back on my Viper. Have an 11" lake effect riser for sale if anyone is interested.

I cleaned up my 2011 Apex and listed it for sale on Facebook. Md Shajul was very interested if it was still for sale. I said I just listed it 5 minutes ago and much to my surprise, nobody has come to pick it up yet. Next he wanted to know what condition my "product" was in...

Maybe he needs it in Mumbai :rofl:

Mumbai is a sledding mecca.. didn't you know? Its right after egypt on the bucket list for must do backpack rides.

Hey, I hear that MD Shajul can also fix windows errors and help you with installing remote access software to help straighten out your bank account.

Last edited:
Going to replace the broken sway bar on the winder today and put the stock muffler back on the Viper. Grease them up after 6 days of riding.

Mumbai is a sledding mecca.. didn't you know? Its right after egypt on the bucket list for must do backpack rides.

Hey, I hear that MD Shajul can also fix windows errors and help you with installing remote access software to help straighten out your bank account.
lol ... I've been to Mumbai (Bombay) it's a complete sh%#@hole. I've been to some real poor places and to tell you the truth the tribes in Indonesia that live over the water are cleaner than Mumbai. Every young American SHOULD backpack through India, they would get a real education and come back extremely grateful to live in North America.
Egypt is very interesting too, yes the pyramids are more impressive in real time than any picture, Cairo has some real funky smells though, must be from the dead donkeys and horses left on the side of the roads. Still not even close to the smells of Mumbai, it's the filthiest place on earth that I have ever seen and I've traveled allot it.

lol ... I've been to Mumbai (Bombay) it's a complete sh%#@hole. I've been to some real poor places and to tell you the truth the tribes in Indonesia that live over the water are cleaner than Mumbai. Every young American SHOULD backpack through India, they would get a real education and come back extremely grateful to live in North America.
Egypt is very interesting too, yes the pyramids are more impressive in real time than any picture, Cairo has some real funky smells though, must be from the dead donkeys and horses left on the side of the roads. Still not even close to the smells of Mumbai, it's the filthiest place on earth that I have ever seen and I've traveled allot it.

Been to both. Nothing more karma destroying than looking at the pyramids from the window of a KFC.. I could tell you some funny stories about India but that would be even more off topic, I fully agree that its a sh1tshow for the most part although I had an absolute blast in the countryside of India (50c beers and fantastic food).

Back on topic. Had nothing in my schedule today except playing with the puppies (real puppies, not a euphemism, she had to work), so I set up a test jig to see how much filter fabric disrupts airflow. Got too cold in the garage to do actual test but its ready when it is a bit warmer out. Also started playing around with stable diffusion (AI art generation) to see if I could come up with some wrap designs, nothing decent yet.

Been to both. Nothing more karma destroying than looking at the pyramids from the window of a KFC.. I could tell you some funny stories about India but that would be even more off topic, I fully agree that its a sh1tshow for the most part although I had an absolute blast in the countryside of India (50c beers and fantastic food).

Back on topic. Had nothing in my schedule today except playing with the puppies (real puppies, not a euphemism, she had to work), so I set up a test jig to see how much filter fabric disrupts airflow. Got too cold in the garage to do actual test but its ready when it is a bit warmer out. Also started playing around with stable diffusion (AI art generation) to see if I could come up with some wrap designs, nothing decent yet.
unfortunately I have not traveled inland in India, just port towns. I literally couldn't walk off the gangway without being hit up for a bribe by a guard holding an AK, to get off a ship in India you have to go through multiple gates, each one armed guard with a hand held out...it's a pretty poor country.
I'm watching the Bills game and watching the snow build up!! Stable diffusion is way over my head lol.

well, the 2nd slide destroyed itself as i was putting it on so i had to run out for another on sat. holy crap they went up in price as 3 slides and a new visor for my hjc helmet was $300 at royal. got it done with the belly pan protector screw that went missing as i needed the space to help someone with a vector that needed work on sunday. 10 hrs later it was out of my garage as well.

Back