• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What Did You Do To Your Sled Today???

Added more weight to primary as it is breaking in and freeing up power

Finally finished it, (for the meantime) . Its abored the truck full of gas and waiting to go over Lewis Hills, Newfoundland. Before and after pics, all of the work was done my self. Besides for stickers and powder coating.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 105
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 103
Put another shim in clutch, moved handlebars and put on tunnel pack. Then rode 60 miles.

Finished up a lot of the small things I needed. Put new hood on, WRP seat installed, sled back together.
I am going to get the screens in the side panels powder coated black and I'm thinking I need something on the hood, but its coming along!
IMG_20150110_195210.jpg

If the ski bushings/spindle bushings are worn or rubber block is worn, the ski can drop out enough that the block can fall out. Lift the front end and compare how much both skis drop when suspended.

I finally got a ride in yesterday. I must say that I was impressed with all the mods I did this summer. The Grand Touring rear skid rode pretty good and the Simmons Skis with the new Ulmer front end bushings got rid of the darting. Now I'll have to try it out with my wife on the back to see how the new rear skid works riding 2 up, which was the whole reason for the Grand Touring skid. Someday when I can talk her into having her own sled, I might get a Renegade skid instead, but the Grand Touring skid works well.

Back