• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What is a good fuel to run with high boost?

rerod

Extreme
I would like to know what kind of high octane fuel you guys run with the boosted sleds. I ran arctic cat 114"only because it was easy to get" last week and my sled ran like #*$&@. I have easy access to the Klotz race gas, but I dont want to try that if its the same as the other crap I tried. Thanks

Check out info on racing fuel on these sites:
www.racegas.com
www.vpracingfuels.com

A few sites for starters. What fuel to use depends on compression, boost levels, type of riding (race, trail) ignition, and other variables as well.

You should use just enough octane for your application, too much will not do any good. Too little octane is also bad obviously.

I used the posted boost calculator and came up with 9.9 for compression and approx 98 octane.I use Sunoco Gt plus 104 octane and like it alot.This should work good for you also.You can get it buy the drum in Brighton Mi about $280 for 55 gallons.I have some for sale if you are interested.

Check out the boost calculator as looking4speed have done. This link is for the Boost Calculator posted by Slacker

www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=23214

First find your compression ratio (10:1???) and type it into the formula in the Excel spreadsheet together with altitude. This should get you close. I also have a few drums of Sunoco GT 100 and Sunoco GT Plus 104. I have no experience with this fuel yet. As my compression is rather low race fuel is not required until I'm going higher than 17 lbs of boost. I'm still below 15 and is safe on 93 octane pump gas up to 17 lbs of boost.

Running 10 lbs. boost, using Sunoco Maximal 114 motor octane, rough mix of 50/50, straight 114 on the poker run / race days. :drink:

Back