• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

what is hapening 2 my vortex bypass valve?

venom

Extreme
don't know much about them but got one installed on my s/c apex.it's dumping air at idle which is fine,but when u stab the throttle and hold the throttle to half open or so it opens back up again and leaks boost alot.even at 5 to 8 thousand rpm. thanks

Is this on a jack stand? If so, then it's not much work for the engine spinning your track freely. What is your boost meter telling you? My guess is you are reading a slight vacuum, the Vortech is opening at about 1.5 hPa of vacuum.

Also, for a TRUE boost/vacuum reading on the gauge, tie into the intake manifolds, NOT the intercooler.

thanks guys for the info.i have a autometer boost/vac gauge,it along with the bov is plumbed into the engine side of the throttle body plates.i show a little vac at idle but when i thouch the throttle slighty the needle on the boost gauge will move towards the boost side briefly then back down into vac. this was on a jack stand .i'll take her for a rip tomorrow and watch the boost gauge. thanks again

You won't see full vacuum on a cold engine. Once the engine coolant gets to full operating temperature you should see 8"of vacuum. This is because of the IAC (idle air controller) which bypasses air. The IAC is actuated by a thermal gel. The gel expands closing the plunger in the IAC.

i'll take her out for a good run tomorrow hopefully.off topic but how do u stop the s/c oil from comming out the vent tube.is there a checkvalve that u can get or something.

Don't fill it to the full mark. Only took me twice to figure that one out. Filled it up to the full mark, it vented out, re-filled (3oz), vented out, left it alone (just a hair above low-line), checked every couple rides, and didn't have to mess with it at all last season (still just a hair above low-line). There will still be a mist around the end of the vent tube but no drips.

Back