• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What Is the Best Intake set up for a 03 RX-1

blue rocket said:
Well put in a ZX2 rear skid, took out the reverse. tool book and every thing in the front. Cut metal out of the front, the holder for the battery box. And lots of odds and sods. All and all i think I lost about 35lb.

EDIT: The ECP filter kit would have been my mod of choise if I ever where to mod a Naturally Asprated RX-1 again, I have run it in two different RX-1 sleds, my '03 which is now turboed and in my '05 which I sold last season. The filter kit went with the sled when sold. The throttle response and midrange is where the ECP filter kit shines, SRX type throttle response and a 18 HP increase over stock in the midrange at 5500-6500 rmps is what the filter kit offers. Go get it, the ECP filter kit offers a lot of power for a few $$$.

On my '03 RX-1 Turbo I did what you did and then some. I'm down 48 lbs or 21.8 kgs. A lightweight battery did help a lot.

EDIT: I have changed out the track, I run it unstudded, have cut it out to be able to run extroverts, I have not clipped it.
Weight savings:
Studs: 5 kgs or 11 lb
Track clips: 0.9 kgs or 2 lb
Total weight savings are now at 27.7 kgs or 60.9 lb compared to last season.

EDIT: I have removed a lot of metal and I'm going with a front mount turbo system to replace the MCX rearmount I had last season. Weight savings are now at 39.4 kgs or 86.6 lb

I have one question about the ECP kit. How well does it do on a mountain RX-1 that sees a lot of deep powder? Will I have problems with it on a ride?

Back