• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What to use on my 2021 Stryker ski

C1E4AFA2-0732-4EE9-B7FC-A3341484E89B.jpeg
1525D417-E18B-438B-BA36-805C89A24CE5.jpeg
2779AC10-C36F-46A2-9FC7-120B0AA2AD27.jpeg
738D6D87-79FD-4D88-9300-DD39C9A9C009.jpeg

Double downs look like what I will try. Woodys slim Jim’s back ordered in all but 4” which is what came stock no good with stuffing.

I dont have snow trackers, but I would like to offer an experience with them. By brother inlaw has them on his btx, and the one day we were riding fast on the open prarie. I was right behind him and we were coming to a typical 90 degree turn at the edge of a field. All I Remeber seeing is a huge cloud of snow with black pieces flying out of it and then my brother laying on the ground with the sled 50y from him laying on its side. After analyzing the snow conditions, his riding style, and what we saw on the trail, I am confident in saying that what happened is he was coming into the corner and something happened, and he blipped the throttle lifting the front skiis, and when the skiis went back to the ground they were turned, leading to the sled flipping to its side. He is one lucky guy who only walked away with a severe concussion that still is affecting his every day life a year later.

Obviously there are a ton of happy snow tracker customers, and there is no way I would tell somebody to not get them, but cornering like you are on rails on a snowmobile has its downside like the example I provided above. I like to turn aggressively just like anybody out there, but honestly believe there needs to be some take and give with the ski/skag, and if you take away the skidding in the corner, something else has to give.

Just trying to share my thoughts on the matter, as they are real, not hypothetical.
Thanks for sharing. I runned stealth skis (similar big deap blades) and snowtrackers. Always good reminder to be careful. The simple fact there is lots of blade trenching with these and you never know what you can hit or pick up and jam like rocks. To me the risk is worth the rewards with snowtrackers but not for everyone.

Last edited:
I'm in the process of trying the aggressive snowtrackers on the 21 stryke skis myself. My factory carbides had some slight dart last season, these are some pictures of just the snowtracker carbide part installed on the ski and pics of the stock carbides with 400 miles. It seems like the back of the carbide is wore more. I also have the shim kit from Yamaha I'm gonna try. It does look like more than half the carbide edge is more forward of the ski mounting bolt

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211025-091308_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211025-091308_Gallery.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 138
  • Screenshot_20211025-091358_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211025-091358_Gallery.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 140
One thing im noticing on the "new" ski is the rubbers that sit in the ski seem to be very sloppy.. Like they are not snug and can be moved around on top of the "shim".. Now I realize once the ski is mounted and sled on ground there would be lots of pressure on the rubber mount within the ski.. Just seems off to me that the rubber does not have a snug fit on top of the ski/ski shim?????

What's the difference between the snipers and slim jim duallys? They appear to have a very similar design just wondering if they handle any differently?
I have run both. The Snipers defiantly bite harder. On my 129 I felt they bit TOO hard for my liking. I am not sure what I will run on my 2022 but am leaning towards the Slim Jims.......

I'm in the process of trying the aggressive snowtrackers on the 21 stryke skis myself. My factory carbides had some slight dart last season, these are some pictures of just the snowtracker carbide part installed on the ski and pics of the stock carbides with 400 miles. It seems like the back of the carbide is wore more. I also have the shim kit from Yamaha I'm gonna try. It does look like more than half the carbide edge is more forward of the ski mounting bolt

Kinda hard to tell from the picture with the wheels on the far ski there, but I've zoomed in on them and it sure looks to me like the carbide is just too far forward of the spindle centerline from the looks of that photo.

Spindle centerline, (draw a line from the top balljoint and bottom spindle pivot joint and follow that down to where the carbide touches the ground on the floor) is the point of the pivot on the top and bottom pivot of the spindle and not the ski mounting hole, I just want to make that clear. At LEAST 55% of the carbide should be being this spindle pivot line as a rule of thumb. Any farther forward than that and the sled will/could become unstable. What happens is the front of the carbide and wearbar wants to steer itself harder into the corner once turned as you can imagine it would.

I have run both. The Snipers defiantly bite harder. On my 129 I felt they bit TOO hard for my liking. I am not sure what I will run on my 2022 but am leaning towards the Slim Jims.......
Thanks. I'm actually going to try an 8" set of the snipers. I have run dooly 8" for 3 seasons now (worn out) with straps pulled a couple of holes and I would still get some slight push through corners. Especially any days with soft snow or slight drifting in corners I felt like I did not have enough bite. I also run a 137" with studs in the middle of track only so this all probably contributes to more push as well vs the 129 (2 diff handling machines for sure). I also run a 2018 so this does not have the new geometry front end. I am seeking just a bit more bite in all around conditions but love the dual runner setup for how straight they drive, so I'm hoping the snipers might give that extra amount of bite and "metal keel".

I Installed the aggressive snowtrackers today on the stryke skis. For anyone else installing them double check the measurement before you drill your ski. The instructions say 4" from the front carbide stud hole but mine ended up about 4 3/8" forward. Could of just been the set I got but i don't know. I assembled the carbide in the C channel off the machine first and measured from the center of the front carbide stud to the bend in the snowtracker keel that goes through the ski.

I'm wanting to caution you guys about Aggressive SnowTrackers on Cat skis.

First I LOVE aggressive SnowTrackers on the old Yamaha skis and on the Doo skis, IMO there is nothing better out there, however I HATE them on the Cat skis. I feel they make the sled unstable with the Cat skis. I tried them on my old 2012 Cat turbo and I had a 9000 in here last year that the guy had just put a new set of Aggressive SnowTrackers on. In my opinion the mfgr missed the balance on the placement of the trackers on the Cat ski. Riding that Cat 9000 here last season I had to keep a death grip on the bars it was so unstable. I feel like the trackers are mounted too far forward on the Cat ski and want to steer the sled on their own, grab and try to tip the sled over. I experienced this on my old 12 and almost had a get off. I took them off and went to stock Cat stagered dually, much more stable. If the Strike ski has the same pattern as Cat be careful using Trackers on them.

If too much carbide is ahead of the spindles centerline this is how any carbide will act. Typically you want 55% or more sitting behind the spindle centerline to keep steering neutral. If more carbide than 55% gets in front of that centerline is where things get unstable, just a FYI. Myself I would never run Aggressive SnowTrackers on the Cat ski unless the mfgr changes things up and moves the wearbar back on the ski further. On the Doo skis the Trackers are perfect and not even close to unstable, you can in fact run single handed on the bars.
Ran them on my apex and loved them. Did not have good luck with them on the stryke ski on my srx last year. Loose snow conditions would make them dangerous. I tried them in many different suspension settings ie more or less ski pressure same results. I removed them. Now running quailipiece offsets with better results. Also tried 8 inch slim Jim's nice light steering no darting but if you are studded and like to corner Aggressively they have way to much push regardless of suspension settings.

Last edited:
Ran them on my apex and loved them. Did not have good luck with them on the stryke ski on my srx last year. Loose snow conditions would make them dangerous. I removed them. Now running quailipiece offsets with better results.
Good to hear from someone that has run them on the new skis.. Thanks for post

Interesting they should be good against darting too. Proof is when you try them but I' dont get how they or any other carbide can be better in loose snow as mostly is the keel of the ski doing the work? Carbide are for hard pack and ice no? Just trying to understand how all that snowtracker metal produding deep would be worst in loose snow.
Qualipieces offset
Arctic-Cat-Dual-Carbide-Runner-Offset-A08-106-11.jpg

The offsets are a happy medium for me in terms of darting and having enough bite in the corners both loose snow and hard pack. The snowtrackers had no darting and light steering but loose snow they had a bad push/grab which was dangerous. Also the shims that are available with the syrke ski make a huge difference in terms of ski pressure and push in the corners. Want more bite 7.5mm shim in loose snow sled will be on rails. Want a bit less steering effort go down a size or 2. If you are running the stryke ski I highly recommend trying the shims.

I see what you mean now. All or nothing loose snow in a hot corner can be dangerous. I feel that's how they where on the Delta chassis too.

Not much loose snow in pristine Quebec groomed trails. Just got my Ontario pass after years of Quebec only. Maybe I should worry. lol

Back