• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What to use on my 2021 Stryker ski

Has any tried the Qualipieces Cobra?
I just bought a 2019 ZR6000 r-xc and they came with them. I think I will try them on that sled first and see how they work

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211028-120002_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20211028-120002_Samsung Internet.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 112
The offsets are a happy medium for me in terms of darting and having enough bite in the corners both loose snow and hard pack. The snowtrackers had no darting and light steering but loose snow they had a bad push/grab which was dangerous. Also the shims that are available with the syrke ski make a huge difference in terms of ski pressure and push in the corners. Want more bite 7.5mm shim in loose snow sled will be on rails. Want a bit less steering effort go down a size or 2. If you are running the stryke ski I highly recommend trying the shims.
Did you try the shims when you were running the Snowtrackers?

Right from yamaha canada part # is

SMA-SHIMS-KT-00
Ordered! Thanks.. I like shims and used to always shim cat skis. Carbides would last a lot longer when they wore the same front to back.. Shimming was the only way to get them to do this.. Im assuming the shim changes the pressure applied to the front of the ski/changes the angle of the ski? So thicker shim in the rear of the ski lessens the pressure on the front? This is what we did with cat skis.. Shim in the rear of the ski under the rubber insert would even out the wear on the carbide.. With out a shim the front of the carbide would wear faster then the rear.

Ordered! Thanks.. I like shims and used to always shim cat skis. Carbides would last a lot longer when they wore the same front to back.. Shimming was the only way to get them to do this.. Im assuming the shim changes the pressure applied to the front of the ski/changes the angle of the ski? So thicker shim in the rear of the ski lessens the pressure on the front? This is what we did with cat skis.. Shim in the rear of the ski under the rubber insert would even out the wear on the carbide.. With out a shim the front of the carbide would wear faster then the rear.
Yep used to shim my old Yamaha skis as well. Works well, not to hard to change trail side either.

Interesting they should be good against darting too. Proof is when you try them but I' dont get how they or any other carbide can be better in loose snow as mostly is the keel of the ski doing the work? Carbide are for hard pack and ice no? Just trying to understand how all that snowtracker metal produding deep would be worst in loose snow.
Qualipieces offset
Arctic-Cat-Dual-Carbide-Runner-Offset-A08-106-11.jpg
Are these called something else now? I was looking at the Qualipieces website, and don't see/can't find the model shown above. Just thinking in advance what I want to put on my '22s when they eventually/hopefully show up :).

Are these called something else now? I was looking at the Qualipieces website, and don't see/can't find the model shown above. Just thinking in advance what I want to put on my '22s when they eventually/hopefully show up :).
I believe these are them last year they were available in 4, 6, and 8 inch

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211028-200642_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20211028-200642_Samsung Internet.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 100
Has any tried the Qualipieces Cobra?
I just bought a 2019 ZR6000 r-xc and they came with them. I think I will try them on that sled first and see how they work
I've ran them in the past. With good alignment and a few suspension tweaks they did a good job alleviating darting and still had good bite. They did a good job on my both my polaris assaults and those sleds were the worst for darting that I ever owned.

Well that would explain why the rubbers fit the way they do! Stain you will see what I mean once you get the new skis.. The rubbers are not a tight fit at all, they have room to move some.. I'm trying to wrap my head around them yet..

Back