• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Best carbide for 6.9 pilot skis

kimcoop1324

Extreme
Country
USA
I have the pilots on my 18 sidewinder 137 . I feel the dual runner doesn't truly work for me. I have lots of push in corners and etc I know that I am actually only running on single runner until I turn but it feels like the outside carbide does very little. What are others using on their 6.9 pilots? Has anyone tried slim Jim doolys? Are they even possible on these skis thanks for any help or opinions . Mike

I had too much push initially with my Pilots then slowly started letting off spring pressure on the center skid shock. Make small adjustments then try again. Takes a bit to get dialed in!

I had too much push initially with my Pilots then slowly started letting off spring pressure on the center skid shock. Make small adjustments then try again. Takes a bit to get dialed in!
Yes. I also pulled my limiter up 1 notch. It handles great with 8 inch Woodys executive in the center and standard 4 inch carbide on the outside.

I have pilots. My straps are pulled up one hole. Center shock spring was all the way loose initially, but the sled was a bear to turn. I just tightened it 1 turn at a time until I found the sweet spot. I'm running 6" in the center and 4" on the outside, but I don't have studs either.

I run 8” bergstrom triple points on my 6.9s. I have a 129” but I have no push. Best setup I’ve used so far.

ACE carbides by woodys carve nicely....less push then round bar.

6.9 will always have some push in any loose or pow, since its a wider ski. Its meant to float more.

5.7 will carve more in these conditions IMO.

Its a compromise, and if you want true carving in soft you need a c&a or a pilot R type ski, but be ready for heavier effort.

Dan

Back