• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

what track to put on 2023 srx

blown apex

VIP Member
Website
ristermotorsports.com
what track to put on my new 2023 srx
i like ice attak xt and the ice storm 150
or should i just 144 stud the 1" track and try it
this is 1st sidewinder ive owned
always had apexs with ice attak tracks
aggressive riding with a tune later
and any durability problems with the 2 tracks as i ride 5000miles a year
thanks

I have a '21 with the 1" track, it is okay on hardpack and ice but its a bit lacking in any loose/deep snow. The ice attack and ice storm are single ply tracks, not a good pairing with a tune. There are other threads on the subject and the consensus seems to be the ripsaw 2 or storm 150, both studded, both 1.5". There are a few that have gone the other way (LTX SE dropping to 1" track) but I suspect that is more influenced by local conditions.

I would say at least 1.25 track.
The inch track to me was at its worse when trying to stop, the thing just slid compared to my 1.25

I went with a two ply Hurricane 175 with #270 iGRIP studs,No issues on its 3 rd season.Once you loose a cooler with traditional push through studs,you will never go back.Also less balloning at high speed.

Really depends what you are looking for.
For durability the 2-ply Ripsaw variants are hard to beat, especially with increased power in the plans.
The 1" will be faster on the lake, but IMO 1.25" is the bare minimum for most trail riders for traction/braking. Even a well studded 1.25" does a lot of spinning in most on trail conditions if you want to push it. Although you will give up some top end, I really liked the 1.5 Ripsaw2 with 192 studs - way more traction and much quicker corner to corner or in the 1/8th on snow.

how much slower will the ripsaw 2 1.5" be 2 ply
im really interested in the ice storm 150 but its 1 ply
or ice cobra 1.6 but again 1 ply
may be ice attak xt but its 1 1/4 and 1 ply i think

1 ply to 2 ply what the real life difference i ride 5000 a year usually

I lost about 5mph on the speedo, not sure what that translates to on GPS. Definitely more resistance and rotating mass so that has to be a bit slower, but I think the speedometer number might be more honest with more traction due to less track spin.

I wouldn't even consider a 1-ply for that kind of mileage and aggressive/high power trail use.
The stock 2 ply RipsawII on my winder was removed at 10,000 miles, about 7,000 of which were at 280hp. The track still looked good.
I blew a 1 ply RipsawII with less than 10,000 km (6,000) miles on a 130hp sled (Doo 1200). Both tracks were studded according to recommendations (so the big head, more expensive studs in the 1-ply).
I don't have any first hand experience with the Cobra, Storm or Ice Attak. The online reviews on the Cobra/Storm usually don't recommend them a high mileage durable option, softer lugs/compound geared more towards off-trail use. I liked the idea of the Storm, I've heard that when studded they hook really well, but don't have the durability of the much harder Ripsaw. A few guys I know ran the Ice Attak too, but feedback I got was that pre-studded helped give you some bite on ice/hard-pack but weren't even close to comparable to push-thru studs. I really liked the Rip2 1.5, but with that being said I bought an XTX LE 146 with the 1.6 Cobra on it (a 2-ply variant that I don't think you can buy) so I'll have feedback for you next year. If the 1.5 RipsawII was available in 146 I'd be buying one for sure and studding it. But it's all about where/how you ride.

All depends on what conditions you ride in.
Frozen hard trails, lake running, lake effect snow areas, off trail all make a difference on which track to use for the conditions you ride in the most. Then I would go with the category that suits you best.
I ride in the lake effect area and mostly on trails so I run the storm 150 with 196 studs.

Tough to answer this. Conditions & riding style will dictate needs.
Throw in 144 @ 1.375"+/- and see how it goes.
I used to like a 1" track....helps with the slide going thru the corners. Lol.

Get started with what you got and then go from there.

I’m not sure why people buy an SRX and then want to put a taller lug track on it. Buy an LTX then. The SRX is designed for ultimate top speed and part of that is the 1” track. Putting a 1.25” on it will decrease that by 3-5mph.
Amen.

I’m not sure why people buy an SRX and then want to put a taller lug track on it. Buy an LTX then. The SRX is designed for ultimate top speed and part of that is the 1” track. Putting a 1.25” on it will decrease that by 3-5mph.
Purchasing the top dog and then having it neutered doesn't make much sense.
But...to each his own

Purchasing the top dog and then having it neutered doesn't make much sense.
But...to each his own
I think his point is they make the sled they are building. It’s just not an srx. Only differance between them is the colors and the track.

Back