• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What we learned today on the dyno.

Hey Welter- I have seen 108 numerous times on my stock warrior out on a small lake. And I have not even had a nice long stretch to really try it yet. I can't wait to run a whole mile! :D Ohh, and I only have 170 miles on so far.

Those speedo top speeds seem low ? I have a 03 stretched to 136" and geared down to 40T like a warrior with HH's up front and advant-edge roller in the back and was able to get 118 mph on the speedo on the river with probably 6"-8" of snow flattened down by sleds that I would consider loose and not very fast snow (Jaymor would you agree ?) I ran yesterday on Lee River and it was very loose snow and got about 110 mph on the speedo but got there a lot faster than I used to now running the ECP kit. I think Fred will agree top speed will not improve dramatically but what I noticed was getting there a lot quicker and one thing very apparent was how quickly I can now accelerate in deep snow !! My buddies on REV's would destroy me in about 6" of fresh snow with stock RX-1 airbox but now with the K&N's I accelerate much harder in the snow and appear to get better top speed in the snow as well. After putting on a couple of hundred miles I am very impressed with the improvement and apparently NO negatives at all in all areas (deep snow, hard pack, wide open, tight trails on off the gas) I would say the ECP kit provides the best "Price Performance" of any mods I have ever done ! Gas mileage seemed very comparable to stock air box but have not crunched the numbers yet, definately does not seem to use a lot more gas !

FlatLandRacing said:
Those speedo top speeds seem low ? I have a 03 stretched to 136" and geared down to 40T like a warrior with HH's up front and advant-edge roller in the back and was able to get 118 mph on the speedo on the river with probably 6"-8" of snow flattened down by sleds that I would consider loose and not very fast snow (Jaymor would you agree ?) I ran yesterday on Lee River and it was very loose snow and got about 110 mph on the speedo but got there a lot faster than I used to now running the ECP kit. I think Fred will agree top speed will not improve dramatically but what I noticed was getting there a lot quicker and one thing very apparent was how quickly I can now accelerate in deep snow !! My buddies on REV's would destroy me in about 6" of fresh snow with stock RX-1 airbox but now with the K&N's I accelerate much harder in the snow and appear to get better top speed in the snow as well. After putting on a couple of hundred miles I am very impressed with the improvement and apparently NO negatives at all in all areas (deep snow, hard pack, wide open, tight trails on off the gas) I would say the ECP kit provides the best "Price Performance" of any mods I have ever done ! Gas mileage seemed very comparable to stock air box but have not crunched the numbers yet, definately does not seem to use a lot more gas !

My speeds were acquired on trail 3 in hougthon.. hard pack but a littel choppy.. we think the belt is slipping and clutches not shifting out fully!!

we will see next week

Yea I gotta give Freddie props for giving us free HP!! I adjusted my TPS last night but I havent been able to try it yet. Here's a few things I learned adjusting the TPS. First off remove the carbs from the rubber intakes.then look for a round black plastic thingy with wires going to it on the left side of the carbs(if your sitting on the sled). There are 2 button head phillips screws that you loosen, dont remove them, about 2 turns. do not take out or loosen the recessed phillips head screws that go into a gold colored plate. The TPS is slotted under the screws you just loosened so the black unit can rotate either towards the front or back of the sled. I found 1.02 volts by rotating it all the way towards the front. Now for the voltage part. There is a plug with a wire tie on it on the top middle of the valve cover with 3 wires going to it. do not disconnect the plug. Stick the negative probe of the volt meter into the back side of the plug where the wire enters the plug and make contact to the black wire. Do the same to the positive probe into the yellow wire. Do not probe the blue wire. And here's the most important thing, turn your key to on, not start and not off either. tighten the screws back up once your volt meter reads 1. something and away you go!!!! Again I havent riden it yet and all I did was load it in the trailer but it seemed to idle a little smoother during warm-up. Thanks again Freddie.

What I've learned with the filters is like fredie has said the sleds arn't all the same. I thought mine was lean with needles so I had to richen them all the way. Main jets, it seemed alittle flat on top last weekend maybe lean. I put 180 jets with todays temps cold around 0, plugs light tan with the heat line right in the middle of the curve of the electrode. Last week it put the heat line doun into the trends and it was a warmer day around the freezing point, witch looked lean on the plug. It seemed to work better wanting to rev more with the same clutching. My buddy with the stage 1 bender turbo can get me about 5-6 lenghs and about 6 or so more mph on the speedo in about 1300 feet in a rolling on start. I am very impressed with the filters.

No need to remove carbs to get to TPS. Just loosen 2 fuel pump bolts and unhook fuel lines. Lots of room after that.

Can I ask, what was the peak HP, with EPC filters, and GP-1 exhaust

I had a chance to put about 130km on my 03 RX-1, i did find the exhaust a little resonating. Throttle response was unreal, with Freddies kit.

I have a chance next week to clock my sled with Radar, after i install Supertuner stage II...i also installed a M-10, with the new Camoplast track and 144stds...my guy tells me the M-10 will bring my top speed down by 3-4mph...can anyone confirm this....I saw 178kph, on the dream meter, in 6inch of powder, and sheer ice under. The sled was still accelerating hard

I adjusted my throttle position sensor this evening. it really isn't too tough at all. I do wonder why 1.0 is the magic number though? It looks like the range goes from 0 up 1.2 something. PB

I adjusted my TPS last night... i didnt have to take the carbs off.. Just took out the two bolts holding on the fuel pumps and use a bent screw driver to loosen the bottom TPS bolt...

THis is what i found.... it was at .67 at idle.... 389 WOT... and i adjusted it to a best of 1.07 at idle and 3.98 at WOT...

I get to test it this weekend so ill let everyone know how it works..

Hey lydon,is your sled at ecp,now for the install of his stage 2? stage 2 ported heads cam gears and new cams? or indexed cams,w/filters and will dyno up to boot,maybe some good hp,let me know how things work out. beast 8)

So cubby did you just rotate it all the way cc wise toward the front as far as it would go,and leave it there,and it worked good you say so far,loading it on trailer?Hi 1xr did you notice any more gains in mid or top w/180 jets,i have 175s coming.

Back