• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Whats your Favorite sled of all time

BlueByYou2000

Staff member
Website
www.ty4stroke.com
For me it comes down to 2 models

1983 SS 440 - This was my fist brand new sled and will always have some sentimental thing with me. I had nice sleds before this one, but it was my first brand new sled.

2000 SRX 700 - IMO the SRX's were the best handeling sleds ever built. Combine that with an excellent engine package and you have a Indy car on snow. The 00 SRX is the reason I came back to Yamaha after a 6 year stint with Doo. I do have to say the Mach Z's sure were fun on the lakes though.

My RX1 is slowly but surely getting up there on my favorite sleds. I think the turbo will make it #1

See Cubby, I was even so sick on my 00 SRX to strip the paint off the tunnel and polish it. I also painted the trailing arms. What a sickness I have...BBY

Thats alot of blue!

MY favorite would have to be 2001 SRX which i still am riding. This sled will stay with me for ever lol i couldnt off it its to good

Attachments

• 100-0018_IMG.JPG
    100-0018_IMG.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 1,017
I have had tons of fun on my warrior, but if i were to say what sled i had the most fun on it would have to be my:

1976 POLARIS TX440 (WHY? because it always ran and i could crash it and didnt worry about it)

It was a piece of crap sled but man it was fun to ditch bang and crash into stuff, it had no suspension and rode like crap.. OOOOO THE MEMORIES!!

One of my favorites of all time was my 83 Vmax 540. I liked how it handled and the 540 twin with twin pipes ripped. I remember after I blew up my Vmax , I went to an exciter L/C and I was real dissapointed. I ended up modding my exciter with a pipe/clutching/airbox and studs, it made the sled a lot more fun but still missed the max. My uncle still had his Vmax and I could take him off the line but mid range-topend he checked out. I also loved how the sled looked, especially the fold up headlight. I wish I still had that sled.

OH SURE!;Like I could have just one!

1977 SRX/440- I still remember picking it up, All White with that Red pin striping. WOW FAST!, not much of a ride but #$%&* FAST.

1981 SRX/440- First independent suspension, Black & Sleek with a pop up headlight. 8)

1993 VMAX-4-Just plain COOL & FAST!

2001 SRX/700- Probably my favorite SRX, a true Giant Killer box stock. A few minor Mods and almost untouchable. Great milage, great ride and lots of sweet tunes from under the hood at WOT.

2004 RX WARRIOR- Totally New and Cool, As it is slowly beginning to take on a New & Better Look. Down the road possibly an 2006 EFI/TURBO, Which would be even COOLER & FASTER ;)! :-o

76 Artic Cat 5000 El Tigre. I was king #*$&@ with that black beauty :Rockon:
My 86 Ski-doo Formula Plus 521. That sled was a blast beating larger diplacement sleds of the time :D

My 97 MachZ was also a blast. Not many sleds got past me and it was only trail ported.

But my Favorite to date is my Warrior :yam:

My favorite sleds I have owned in the past have been an '92 V-max 4 750 and a '98 SRX. They all were love and hates, just like I love some things about the RX-1 and there are some hates to go along with it.

I loved my 73 Doo 400F/A and kicked everyones butt, until my brother-in-law got his 74 GPX 433 which had me by 10 mph. Well at least I was king for one season.

The most awesome sled I ever saw was a Yammi SSR. I believe it was a 1978 or so sno pro the guy bought - - - he killed everyone on Big Moose Lake in NY with it. Never saw it or another one again.

I think I'm going to like my RX-1 alot better with the CPR Turbo and the 136 ripsaw conversion. I'm working at losing weight with hopes of blowing by Buster696 at least once (he's tough).

:shock: after coming off a mach/skidoo, I love the rx1 and that is a great sled I havent had a chance to ride a srx 700 but i wouldnt mind it! they are a great lookin sled, as well ! 8)

Favorite sled is my 02 SRX 700 with 9830 track and Heel Clickers. Nothing like it on groomed trails.

Back in 1986 I had an 86 Indy 600 triple that was modified into a SLP 656 Big Bore with PSI triple pipes. It took a while to get the clutching worked out, but it would run with anything out there in the late 80's.

Least liked sled: 95 T-Cat

Hoping my 05 RX1-ER with Bender stage 2 Turbo is best of all! ;)!

For me its the 1972 440 SST SNO JET. it was my first sled ( with some help from my dad ) As BBY said its a sentimental thing for me too. Next would be the VIPER affter I put on the CPR pipes and had the shocks redone...

this is an easy one/ '76 Rupp Nitro 340 liquid with the Xeonah engine/ first sled that really took my breath away/ needed a bag of tools to keep it going/ but man would it go!!!/ later

Do you think grauser has a back-up sled in case his RX-1 is not working. This guy probably has a 53 foot trailer and brings all of his sleds with when he goes riding for the weekend. Lucky number 13.

favorate sled

1971 440 Panther. First new sled. Paid $895.00 for it. Then probly my Skiroule. It was a great sled in its day.

Back