• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Wheels (that flip down) for Skis?

Retrax

Going through some old threads, found this one again.

To answer ReX's question-I usually ride groomed trails(unforutnately) but the little I've gotten off trail, it didn't seem to be a problem with the wheel kit. If need be, you could remove just the wheels from the brackets and store them on the sled if you plan on some serious powder riding.

It was mentioned about a wheel kit that retract automatically when you get back into the snow.

Here is the site for those:http://www.adsolinc.com/snoHome.htm

wheels

I have them on my 05 .I think they are great, where I live I am in a subdivision and need to ride on the road for 2 miles to get to the trails .It is always plowed and salted so there is no snow.These wheels save your carbides and belt.The only negative side other than looks is in powder they throw snow up over the sled . :4STroke:

wheels

I have them on my 05 .I think they are great, where I live I am in a subdivision and need to ride on the road for 2 miles to get to the trails .It is always plowed and salted so there is no snow.These wheels save your carbides and belt.The only negative side other than looks is in powder they throw snow up over the sled . :4STroke:

I had a set of Retrax wheels on a Warrior I bought. I thought I would give them a try. Here is what I experienced. Everytime I turned on the trail and there was loose snow they directed the snow off the wheel and I got sprayed right in the head. When I would go to use them on pavement I found it more of a pain to get off the sled everytime and they would ice up on occassion and you would have to mess with them to get them to retract, the mechanism seemed to gum up when the grease got cold and they didn't work properly. The final straw was when I hit a branch laying on the trail and it broke the bracket and had to stop and remove the whole assemblybecause it was bouncing around- not fun on the trail! So thats my experience. needless to say I won't put them on another sled unless they get a remote controlled system or have them better concealed. Just my 2 cents

check your bolts

i am a dealer for the retrax wheels and sold approx 40 sets last year, i would like to caution anyone who has them to check the bolts that attach the wheel to the ski, i have had many of them come in for service and found they bolts bent pretty good so please be safe and check this.

Back