• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Where is the APEX built?

I have toured all the snowmobile manufacturing plants with the exception of Yamahas and I probably won't make that one. Have an Attack and love it, changed out the OEM handlebars with higher ones(2") and vector style handlebar warmers, works great. Put on a remote electric start and it works great also. Will have to see in cold weather how it works? 6 of us going to Quebec this saturday for 2 weeks and about 2500 mi of riding.

huh. Surprised they would build them there with high labor, material and shipping costs???? Go figure.

I went by it a year ago on the bullet train from Osaka to Tokyo. At 180mph you couldn't see much - just a plant with the famous Yamaha tuning fork symbol on it in the distance. As I recall it was about 2hrs north of Osaka or about 1 hr south of Tokyo. Many other Yamaha plants and offices scattered about, but was told this was the plant where snowmobiles were built. Japan is so congested that it all looks like a giant city. 100 million people that live in a land mass about the size of Mass.

rx-1erlimitededition said:
I went by it a year ago on the bullet train from Osaka to Tokyo. At 180mph you couldn't see much - .

Who made the bullet train?? Bombardier? LOL!!

They are assembled in Yamahas plant in Iwata (between Shizuoka and Hamamatsu) approx. 2 hours southwest of Tokyo.
Giant size plant. My impression is that most buildings in Iwata belong to Yamaha. Also a fantastic museum with couple of interesting sleds.

Pictures from the museum at Yamaha Communication Plaza in Iwata:

Attachments

• DSC00047.JPG
    DSC00047.JPG
    295.8 KB · Views: 105
  • DSC00042.JPG
    DSC00042.JPG
    299.9 KB · Views: 110
Osaka

rx-1erlimitededition said:
I went by it a year ago on the bullet train from Osaka to Tokyo. At 180mph you couldn't see much - just a plant with the famous Yamaha tuning fork symbol on it in the distance. As I recall it was about 2hrs north of Osaka or about 1 hr south of Tokyo. Many other Yamaha plants and offices scattered about, but was told this was the plant where snowmobiles were built. Japan is so congested that it all looks like a giant city. 100 million people that live in a land mass about the size of Mass.

I was just in Osaka four days ago. So close but so far. I'll have to plan on visiting that the next time thru Osaka. Sweet! :Rockon:

Based on what I've seen 80% Japan & 20% at your dealer. Yamaha sticks the dealers with about 6 Boxes of parts, 7 mixed bags with about 20 nuts and bolts each and a 20 page assembly manual. I guess you could say the final assembly point is at your dealer. LOL

Back