• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Which brand battery for my Apex?

rkkoeb

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
None right now
09 Apex, battery will not hold charge in cold weather. Looking for reommendation on brand battery to purchase? I am think a Gel battery but not sure what brand to purchase. Any help would be great

I've had batteries from a reputable manufacturer that last 10 years and more recently 2 years. So I suspect you can get a lemon no matter who you buy from. But I would stick to the more popular brands like YUASA and INTERSTATE. I've had both and they both make a YTX-20H-BS AGM that have identical dimensions and fit perfect in the battery compartment(at least in the 2007 and I'm sure others) if you now have a 14 and you want a little more cranking amps. Just have to leave the top piece of foam off to get that black plastic hood back on over the battery.

i always run the yusa battery for an rx1 in all my sleds. usually make 3-4 seasons on one before i get a hard start and replace them for my own peace of mind. i put them into the sleds/atv with a pull start backup and have had them go for 3-4 more after that.

Back