• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Which skis?

09xtxrider

Extreme
Well i just got home from a 720 miles 5 day trip. Some days were just trail riding, and others were mainly off trail riding.

I just cant stand the stock skis anymore.

My question to you is...

Should i just get the slydog 7 inch wide skis, or should i try out the new 8 inch wide skis. Im just not sure how the 8 inch skis will do on trail?

Ive searched for info on the 8 inch skis, and couldnt find much.

With the XTX go with the 8". Same performance on trail with better performance off trail.

No studs? Some 6 inch carbides would probably be good.

If you're studded, then I wouldn't run anything less than 8" of carbides.

I just run the round bars, not the shapers, since C&A pro skis have such a deep keel. C&A have a wide mountain ski too I think. Have you looked at that?

Sly dog are single bars skis. What do you mean on the outside? I was told the 8" slydogs are alot stronger then the 7" skis but I never had a problem with my 7s. I run 6.9s on my XTX with 6" shapers on the center and 4" shapers on the outside. Like skis so far but havent had anything but these. They dont push like my powderhounds did on my attak but not a fair comparision. Float well off trail for sure.

I would say, that if you can handle the harder steering that the C&A skis will probably have vs the slydogs, then get the C&As.

If you want easier steering, then the slydogs might be a better choice.

09xtxrider said:
Well i just got home from a 720 miles 5 day trip. Some days were just trail riding, and others were mainly off trail riding.

My question to you is...

Should i just get the slydog 7 inch wide skis, or should i try out the new 8 inch wide skis. Im just not sure how the 8 inch skis will do on trail?

Why don't you like the stock ski's?

Well off trail they are awful. Given they are not very wide at all. But they don't float at all and are nearly impossible to turn in powder. And on trail, I just can't stand the darting anymore, or the push all the time. I know I can fix the darting and push somewhat. But it's more of the off trail riding. I'm a really aggressive rider on trail.

jds1000 said:
09xtxrider said:

My question to you is...

:drink: Im sorry but are you serious? :o| Hint they do nothing well but hold the sled up when you buy the sled from the dealer.

jds1000 said:
09xtxrider said:

My question to you is...

Jds, I know what you are hinting at.. Some believe there is nothing wrong with stock skis... However, majority of us that have tried other brands don't even want to consider running stock again. As a matter of fact, stock skis probably are the most listed part in classifieds for a reason.

C&A XTXs with 6" deuce bars. Good flotation off trail, good bite on trail, no darting even with worn front end bushings.

Back